Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stoli update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More news from the frontlines of adoption....

We were officially approved by immigration- (and throug this process they have apparently changed their name once again and are now USCIS- United States Citizen and Immigration Services)

They cabled their approval to Moscow and when I called the Adoption Agency, they said that there was one family ahead of us on the "boy list" and about 6 on the "girl list" so, by default (supply and demand being what they are) Stoli will probably be a boy. and now my mother is mentally redecorating the kids room in her house to be all boy since we have Jack now, too. (Jack is the fabulous nephew)

Things are happening- and I will keep all of you posted. August is a slow time though, everyone in Europe takes the month off.

Jenn

Comment

Yay!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jenn -
        WAHOO!! That is wonderful! I can't wait until you get to go see him for the first time! Your life will change forever - in the best way!! You have to keep us posted on ALL the details!! Good Luck with getting over there!

Jen B.

Comment

That is wonderful. I know you are excited!!!!
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This is really exciting! I couldn't be happier for you and Rick.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Awesome news!!!!!!

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Wow, you're getting so close! Is this sooner than you expected?

Comment

That is so exciting! Just think...somewhere there is a little boy who is meant to be with you and your husband and whose life will be changed forever!

Comment

Wow, that's so exciting! Hopefully you'll have the baby in time for Christmas! I don't mean to sound dumb , but do you guys speak Russian, or do you have to learn a little bit for the baby?
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Great news Jenn.
                      Sleep NOW.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Holy Crap!

We're next on the list- for a boy.

So- "it's a boy" and the Social Worker said we may have the referral as soon as the end of October....

Wow.

Jenn

and no, we don't speak a word of Russian but I have the cds to start learning.

Comment

I am SO excited for you! How old will he be?

Tell us EVERYTHING!!!!

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

That's very cool. If you get the referral at the end of October can Rick go on the first trip? Is his room done (do you do that before the home inspection)? Are you picking out a new name for him, or going with whatever he's already got (besides Stoli, I mean )?
                            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

He'll always be stoli to us!!!!!
                              I'm so happy for you. I work with a woman who went to Russia to pick up her baby and came home with the baby and a 5 year old who was very attached to the baby (not siblings) They had to stay an extra two weeks but somehow pulled it off. This was 5 years ago.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

How wonderful that everything is moving so quickly! Parenthood is SO amazing.

Marla

Comment

Working...
                                X