Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's a....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a....

GIRL!!!

I'm about 23 weeks now and we're just so excited! I want the baby to be here with us already, though! I think about her all the time, and my DH is over the moon about her...it's so cute. However, we are completely stuck on a name...we can't seem to agree at all.

So, mommies and daddies, what's it like to have a girl?? Total pink overload?

Wow, congratulations on having a little girl! You'll have so much fun shopping for little girlie clothes and dresses.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations, Jill! I am so jealous! Sometimes I still can't believe that I won't have a daughter. Enjoy this time and definitely do lots of pink in honor of those of us who never experienced that color in baby clothes!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I took the approach that I would get enough pink from friends and relatives so I had fun with the less girly clothes. We didn't find out her gender early so neutral yellow, green and blue were staples in her wardrobe early on.

I was thrilled to be having a daughter and read all about gender stereotyping/expectations etc. It was very interesting!

Girl clothes are fun but dresses are completely a pain until they can walk on their own. I must admit though that at 14 months (and walking) for her second Christmas, my daughter looked pretty darn cute in her plaid jumper, tights, and black patten leather shoes!

Have fun and congrats!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Congratulations on your pregnancy going well and finding out the gender. I had to jump in because I have two girls turning 3 and 1 year this week. Girls are wonderful. It is fun to shop for clothes and we definitely have too many. My three year old (in 4 days) refuses to wear anything but dresses at this point. The gender stereotyping is interesting reading. My older daughter gravitates toward princesses and girly things and was obsessed with a baby doll at 1 year old. We are getting Avery a tool box and a soccer ball for her birthday to balance out the princesses and ponies.

I think the thing about girls that melts my heart is seeing them wrap their daddy around their little finger, enjoy shopping for girly clothes and get down on the floor and play with the type of toys he wouldn't admit to his friends.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and your baby girl!

Jennifer
          Needs

Comment

jealous!

Congratulations, Jill!!! I'm so excited for you!

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congratulations, Jill!

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!
                Not that I know any different, but girls are great fun. I agree with Flynn -- dresses are just a frustration for them when they are crawling and sitting.
                Jenn -- we have a princess lover, too! It's so funny because I was more of a tomboy -- hard for me to relate to all this fairy princess, barettes in the hair, painting toes business. Last week she told us with some urgency that she thinks she *really* needs a tiara and a wand. Part of the drama princess outfit, perhaps?

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I am just so excited!!!

Comment

Congratulations,
                    I have two daughters and wouldn't change it for the world.
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jill,

Fantastic News. I've only had a girl for four weeks so I don't have enough experience to comment on the gender differences. However, I do know that whatever you get, you are thrilled with that tiny creature. You get the kid that you are supposed to parent. Get ready to enjoy the truest love of your life.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congrats! Just wait until you see the way your little girl eyes her Daddy. Keelin is her father's daughter through and through! Girls are SO much fun!

Marla

Comment

Jill,
                          Congratulations!!! I absolutely adore my little boy, but I can't wait to have a girl too! Keep us posted on the pregnancy.

(Confession: BabyGap had a HUGE sale about a month ago and I got a bunch of baby girl clothes at $2 each. Luckily, DH thinks I'm 'cute' and not totally mad. )

Comment

Congrats! You will like having a little girl. Emma loves to get dirty as well as do "girly" things. However, when she has to wear a dress she says "Mommy I am scared of dresses." Don't ask where that came from. She is getting better as wearing them though- doesn't bolt at the first sight and fight me on it. Emma loves dinosaurs and trucks yet at the same time loves playing "mommy" and getting her toe nails painted.

Good luck!

Crystal
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                            X