Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What a difference a month makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a month makes

In the last month, we have gone from being a family with one child to two, entered into the realm of having to deal with a child in school, and most recently we traded in one of our Civics for a....

minivan.

Yup, we are living in hardcore suburbia now. All stigma aside, I love my new minivan. Stigma of soccer moms be damned. As Popeye says, I yam what I yam.

Anyone else marveling at how quickly you can go from one stage of life to another?

Kelly[/i]
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

YES! We are about to cross the line into parenting more than one child! Where does the time go?

I know a minivan is somewhere in our future and you would have thought that choosing the right double stroller was the biggest decision I have ever made with the amount of research I did!

I notice the big changes the most when we hang out with couples we've known for a while who don't have kids. They still jet off to Vegas for a weekend or get really excited about a bachelor party or new restaurant opening. We are so far removed from that life I forget what it was like!

I have to admit though I LOVE this new phase of life. I love being home all day and deciding whether to go to the zoo or the science center etc. Christmas is going to be such a kick this year!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

You did it! What did you end up buying, Kelly? Just tell me that it isn't *really* that much more room than a station wagon, ok?
      I'm still holding out for the VW Microbus to go into production (a re-intro of the old VW buses alond the lines of the re-intro of the bug.....pitter-pat....).

Comment

Congrats, Kelly! What color is it? details, details.

It is amazing how fast we transition, isn't it!

Nellie...we can't wait for the microbus to make it's appearance here too. Appraently, it will be a couple of years!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kelly,

I was just thinking this morning about you and wondering if you had gotten a minivan yet. Tell us all about it!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ok, I fully expect that you all will laugh out loud when I tell you that the "family car" will continue to be my Mini Cooper- even when Stoli comes.

Luckily we live in the city and actually have no need for one car, let alone the two we have!

Jenn

Comment

It's a concept car right now. I really, really hope they make it. I'll try to post a picture. It's supposed to be a cross between a minivan and an SUV. And it's supposed to have a 230 horsepower V6 engine, hopefully with tiptronic shifting. Not that I've thought about it or anything.

Last night I dreamed about a minivan (and somehow a few iMSN were in it -- maybe it was from this post?). Then DH started working the minivan angle this morning.

Comment

Working...
              X