Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Athlete's foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlete's foot?

Can babies have athlete's foot? In between Gavin's toes it looks like a classic case of athlete's foot. How the heck would he get that?!

Has he been running you ragged again. That little athlete!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My sister's kids had something like you describe... I think she did put Lotrimin or something like that in between their toes on the advice of the pediatrician. It seemed to help....I do remember my niece saying "itchy, itchy mommy!!!" (around 18 months old)and the cream relieving the itching.

Comment

Could he get it from the tub?? I know that every time I went home to visit family when my brother still lived there, I'd come away with athlete's foot.

Comment

I washed his feet and dried between his toes(should have done that before ) and put some lamisil in between. I was on the phone with DH(who gets athlete's foot recurrently) and told him I was going to put hot water and bleach in Gavin's tub. He was shocked - he thought I intended to put Gavin in the tub with the bleach!!! Sheesh. I may be forgetful but I'm not an idiot.

Thanks! I didn't think little ones could get it.

Comment

LOL, that is funny. Did he really think you would do that?
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Does he wear pajamas with feet? When I was a little kid, I could never wear the pajamas with feet because my feet would sweat and then I would get athlete's foot.

Comment

I don't know if this is correct, and I should probably b/c I have a degree in chemistry, but DH says that bleach doesn't work unless it's mixed with cold water. Kris, do you know? Anyway, he worked as a food inspector in his past life, and so they had to instruct restaurants, etc. on using bleach, and that's what he learned he was supposed to tell them.

As far as the athlete's foot... Good luck! I'm sure it will clear up! I've never had anything like that with my kids...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Gav's little foot problem has healed up nicely.

Luanne, yes he did! What the heck?!

Emilyann, yes, he always wears footed jammies or socks. I am always so worried that his tootsies are going to get cold. Never occurred to me that he could get it. Needless to say, he is now getting plenty of circulation to his little toes.

Peggy, that's interesting. I was told that you had to use the hottest water you could. Hm, next time I'll use cold water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                    Gav's little foot problem has healed up nicely.

Peggy, that's interesting. I was told that you had to use the hottest water you could. Hm, next time I'll use cold water.
                    Glad to hear that he's doing better!!! I have no idea about this bleach thing. It's something I've always wondered about-- I am not sure I believe DH's source, which is some governmental guideline for health inspector people... (Is it all a government conspiracy??? To sell more bleach??) Maybe I'll Google it and try to find out...
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                    X