Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ink off walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ink off walls

Do any of you have any great solutions for getting ink (from a ball point pen) off of painted walls? The kids decided that one of our walls needed some... color... . Nothing I've tried seems to work. Any ideas out there?? Thanks in advance!!

Jen B.

magic eraser by mister clean!
    Needs

Comment

Magic Eraser is the only way to go! Those things are amazing. In the interim, you could spray some hairspray on there but I'm not sure what that would do to the paint.

Comment

another vote for magic eraser.

If that doesn't work, try goof off

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yep, that magic eraser thing is great!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I tried the magic eraser (it has worked for everything else I have dealt with), but this time, it didn't do anything to get the ink off... AUGGGG!!!!!!

Jen B.

Comment

goof off or goo gone

8)

Comment

If you have any hairspray around, it might be worth a squirt or two to dissolve the ink.
                Good luck!
                I've never met a mark on the wall that the Magic Eraser didn't take care of. That must be some serious ink!

Comment

Coat of paint......get an extra gallon, because it is bound to happen again!

Comment

Matt, don't forget the primer...if she doesn't prime it, the ink will just show through. (I know this from personal experience :| )

kris

Comment

Magic eraser. If that doesen't work, primer & paint.
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                      X