Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We saw a heartbeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We saw a heartbeat!

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and saw the heartbeat! It was so exciting! I am only 9 weeks along so the baby still looks more like a shrimp than a baby. Just before the doctor came in I started to panic and asked my husband, "What if I'm not really pregnant? What if it's all in my head?" Weird, I know, but I'm a pretty paranoid person. Anyways, we now have baby's first picture and video! My next ultrasound is in 5 weeks so the baby will actually resemble a baby then. I just can't wait!!

Just thought I'd share the good news!

Erica

Congratulations!
    Glad to hear that all looks good.

Comment

Congratulations! That was the most magical day for me. I'll remember it always. Good luck!

Comment

That is so wonderful!!! Congratulations!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

There is nothing better than a new baby. Congratulations. May you have a healthy and happy nine months.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Erica, that is so great! DH and I loved to visit the ob floor at the hospital and borrow their ultrasound machine. During a visit in my 14th week my ob happened to be there so she helped us out in determining the sex. It is the coolest thing to see that little baby in there.

You are going to LOVE the next ultrasound. That was my favorite, I watched that video over and over. Glad to hear that everything is going well!

Comment

Congratulations! I had that same paranoid thought with each of my kids--that they'd do an ultrasound and say there wasn't anything there. That is the best feeling to see that little heartbeat pounding away!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, guys! We're so excited! My husband is certified in ultrasound and was going to try to sneak me in to the ER for a sneak peak, but we figured one of the nurses would notice and our secret would be out before we were ready.

Comment

Congratulations! Seeing and hearing the heartbeat is so exciting! Every month when I go I always hold my breath until the nurse finds it with the doppler.
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                    X