Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We're back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're back!!!

Ok, I'm totally in love, that is the first thing you all need to know! We met the little guy on Monday, made our formal applicaiton on Tuesday and were able to spend some time with him on Thursday and Friday, too.

Once I have some time and my head is screwed back on right (we're in a totally messed up sleep pattern, as we were while we were there. Neither one of us has slept more than five hours since December 3. I guess it's just practice for when we bring him home.)

His name is Nikolai (or Nicholai, depends on which document you read) and he has light brown hair and medium brown eyes. He has the funniest expressions! I won't post any pictures until after we go to court and he's "ours."

Jenn

Welcome back and congratulations!!! How old is the little guy? He sounds adorable, that's great that you got to spend time with him. Great news, congratulations again.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

That's wonderful, Jenn! I'm sure it was hard leaving without him. When do you expect everything to be finalized? I'm so happy for you!!

Erica

Comment

That is wonderful news. I can't wait until you bring him home!!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wow, that makes my heart pound a little bit just reading that. Your son! Stoli in the flesh! Glad it went so well. 8)
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Jenn..... :ra: :star:

What a beautiful name. How old is he? When do you go to court? When do you go back?

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

What a great way to start the morning -- reading your message.
              How exciting for you! When do you go back?

See you soon, Stoli!

Comment

I'm glad you're back safely and I hope you get yourselves some sleep soon!

I would have to say "ditto" to all of the good wishes and questions above. I am really, really, really happy for you guys.

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Awesome! Yeah!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Congratulations! I am very excited for you guys!

Take pics!
                    Needs

Comment

That is so wonderful! More details please.... how old is he, when do you go back ( january?)....
                      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Great to hear! Get sleep NOW!
                        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Jenn, that is SO exciting!!! Congratulations!!

Nikolai is a great name! Can't wait to hear more details.

Comment

WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :ra: :ra: :ra:

I can't wait to hear all the details and see the pictures!!! Wow, the long road is finally coming to an end.

Congratulations, Mom!!!!

Comment

Thanks all-

He's 9 months old but due to the fact that he's a premie and living in an orphanage, he's a little bit behind. (right up my alley!!) We will hopefully go back in January but there's some scuttlebutt about things undergoing changes at the Federal level in Moscow that may hang things up. I will just keep thinking happy thoughts and hopefully he'll be able to come home sooner rather than later.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X