Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pregnant ladies!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant ladies!!!

I was in Old Navy last night and was browsing through the maternity dept for my SIL and they had a bunch of stuff marked down to $1.97! I don't think they mark them down like that online, I believe it's only instore.

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up, Dagny! I'll have to take a run up there. Gap also has a lot of their winter maternity stuff on sale now because their spring line is on it's way.

I probably won't be wearing maternity clothes for another month or two but I am already stressing out about what I'm going to wear! In fact, I had a dream (a nightmare actually) about shopping for maternity clothes! There's just not a huge selection out there and I don't think DH would be happy if I came home with a $300 pair of jeans from Pea in the Pod!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check out the Old Navy by our house, I'm not sure I've ever seen maternity clothes in there though. I've been getting by so far with holding my pants closed with a rubber band, looks very classy.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
        Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check out the Old Navy by our house, I'm not sure I've ever seen maternity clothes in there though. I've been getting by so far with holding my pants closed with a rubber band, looks very classy.
        I used the rubber band trick for a while. It works great, especially if you pull your shirt over it. I borrowed a pair of my friend's post-partum jeans that were about 2 or 3 sizes too big for me and used the rubber band trick through 6 months. It was a great way to have "normal" clothes. And I wore them postpartum too.

Comment

Thanks, Chris! I was just in there today but ended up buying baby stuff instead. EDWife, you can search their site to see which stores have maternity sections - not all of them do. Don't stress too much about maternity clothes and buy as you need things since your body will be changing a lot during the next several months. I only have a few weeks left but had to buy another pair of pants today - I've outgrown all the ones I have!!

Comment

Another place to check is ebay...we don't have Gap maternity here so I bought a lot of it ebay - brand new with tags. I also got a lot of awesome Pea in the Pod and Mimi Maternity on there too. I love to sniff out deals!

Jill, I totally hear you on the sizes. I started in a size small - and the legs were too big on me - to being stuffed like a sausage into a size large at the end. I was too cheap and too humiliated to bump up to an XL.

Comment

eBay is a great idea! I'll have to start searching because I love sniffing out bargains too! I like Gap because they don't have a time limit on their return policy, so I can buy stuff now while it's on sale and if I don't fit in it when the time comes (or if it looked cute on the model, but it makes me look like a tank)...I can just return it.

I thought Target was supposed to have a good selection of maternity clothes (Liz Lange) but when I've looked, they just had 2 racks of maternity clothes and it was mostly just black skirts and sweats. Maybe it's just my Target.

I think what I'm dreading most is that in between stage...too small for maternity but too big for my own clothes. I need to run out and buy some rubber bands!

Comment

Oh, and just a question for all those who have gone through this before....what the heck are one-size-fits-all maternity clothes and do they really fit anybody?? I saw a cute OSFA dress on sale on the internet, but was afraid to buy it.

Comment

I don't think I had any one size fits all stuff. I'm sure that at some point on the pregnancy spectrum it might fit.
                  re: Target. I had really bad luck with their stuff. The shirts were ok -- especially if you want a white tee or something. But the pants never fit me unless I went a few sizes big, but then the didn't fit otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by EDWife
                    I thought Target was supposed to have a good selection of maternity clothes (Liz Lange) but when I've looked, they just had 2 racks of maternity clothes and it was mostly just black skirts and sweats. Maybe it's just my Target.
                    No, it's not just your Target! I'd heard the same thing about the Liz Lange line of maternity clothing, and was terribly disappointed to find the 2 racks of clothing with stuff I didn't like. I've been picking up a few things here and there, I'm also afraid to buy things because I'm not sure how soon I'm going to need them and how they'll even fit me by then. I've been putting it off for this reason, pretty soon I'm going to have to start wearing my sweat pants to work...
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I've gotten some okay things at Target(like a sweater or two) but the Liz Lange line there is largely polyester-ish stuff. It looks really cute in a magazine ad, but cheap close-up. I've gotten some "real" Liz Lange stuff(her madison ave line) and it is very nice, high quality stuff. (ebay deals again - got it second hand )

The stuff that we have at the mall at JC Penney and Sears - it's like muu-muu type of clothes . What did people wear before Gap and Old Navy? I like to wear normal looking clothes when I'm pg!

Comment

My only suggestion about buying maternity clothes on ebay is to make sure you buy brands you know. I purchased a maternity suit on ebay, and when I got it, it didn't fit. The jacket was huge, with those little ties that make it go in right under your bust, and the pants were too small even at 4 months.

I have had great luck with Gap maternity, but we live an hour and a half from the Gap distribution outlet, so I got some great deals. Also, check out Lands End. I ordered several things from there that I am very happy with. If you go to their overstock page they have a special section just for maternity. Their clothes tend to run a little big.

Comment

I bought my SIL some nice looking stuff from Lands End, too. It's kind of preppy, but she nearly wore out the basic white blouses- work and going out they were cute- she had one pair of jeans and splurged with a few combined Pea in the Pod gift certificates and bought herself a pair of leather maternity pants- and wore them for all social occasions the remaining part of her pregnancy- they were warm, stylish and she felt fun and sexy in them.

Jenn

Comment

Pea in the Pod usually has a sale rack in the way, way, way back of the store. Seemed that the further back in the store, the less help I got. That's the only place I could find jeans that I liked (Mimi brand, I think).

Comment

I found some cute stuff at Mervyn's. I love the 'track suit' (aka - my weekend uniform) that I bought there and it was on clearance for 7.00 each!
                              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X