Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What one baby item....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boppy was worthless, IMO. It was much easier to just use pillows. I never used our changing table either(it was a hutch), just changed him in his crib.
    sleep positioner - never used
    All the crib bedding, it's really a waste of $(even though it's so cute). I would just get some nice cotton crib sheets. I love the t-shirt ones.
    wrist rattles - he didn't care one whit about them

Things that I loved:
    white noise machine that played a heartbeat - I thought this was great when he was firstborn, remind him of the womb.
    Ocean Wonders Aquarium - He got used to hearing this when it was time for bed. He developed an almost Pavlovian response to it. It made for a very easy bedtime.
    Bouncy seat was pretty handy
    Medela pump in style(?) breast pump. I used the heck out of that thing
    Lansinoh for the sore nipples
    cloth diapers for spit-ups
    Glider rocker - I got one at kids'r'us for $100, still good and we use it all the time. (I thought I wouldn't need one of these - but you really do!!)
    gowns - used these all the time for the first 6 weeks. makes the frequent diaper changes a lot easier. the cotton ones from the gap are the best! Stay soft and don't pill
    Umbrella stroller for the car - i got mine free at kids r us for spending $75. (got it free with the rocker)
    a fleece car seat thingie for the infant carrier. who wants to put a coat on a baby?!

What I want for next time:
    a sling. baby bjorn wasn't all that comfortable when he got a little bigger
    to learn how to breastfeed
    instant weight loss and rapid recovery
    too bad I can't buy the last two

Comment

Sally's post in the breastfeeding advice thread reminded me - I also want a co-sleeper. Might help with the sleep deprivation.

Comment

I agree about the gowns, (I always had Carter's brand and they were great) the cloth diapers for spit-up, and the aquarium thing. I also got an absorbent pad for the crib that covered the part of the mattress where the baby's head was, so that if the baby spit up in there, I didn't have to change the whole sheet. It had ties that secured it to the bars of the crib. Came in VERY handy.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I wish I had tried a sling. The Baby Bjorn was great until about 8 months when she just got too heavy for my back. It seems like the slings have really improved in the last few years.

Comment

The swing with batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remmember sleeping on the floor next to the swing at 4 am because it was the only time Caroline would sleep while Amy (age 1) was still asleep.
            Luanne

Now she is in Boulder, Co without me!! Damn, how did that happen?
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My one indespensible item:

a swing

My one worthless item:

the "boppy" pillow

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
              X