Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rapunzel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapunzel

Congrats on you little GIRL!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Thanks.

Poor Alex, though. The kids were all with us Sunday night when their dad was doing the ultrasound. They were ALL rooting for a boy and we had a wild game of "spot the penis" for a while (we're not an easily embarrassed bunch). Their dad said he thought it was a girl and called a very experienced tech in to confirm. When she agreed Alex burst into tears. Poor thing! He will love this new sister regardless - no doubt. He's a sweet, sweet person. But, he's wanting to be surrounded by herds of boys lately - and even that's not good enough since he wants his very own little brother. Oh well..... My husband has been making sure that he spends a lot of extra father-son time with him to get that testosterone bonding thing he seems to be craving.

We're going to need another house for husband and son to live in once a month when they're all teens!!!

Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Congratulations!
      My dad was an only boy with 3 sisters, so he has some stories to tell...especially when the girls were entering their teenage years.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congratulations, Jennifer!

My boys would love to have a little sister and the oldest two would agree whole-heartedly that little brothers are not that great......but I am sure Alex would love to find that out for himself!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations, we love girls in my house!!!
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'd always imagined my eventual child being a girl. The thought of having (or getting, more accurately) a boy never entered my mind. So- have fun with her! Congrats from DC!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
              I'd always imagined my eventual child being a girl. The thought of having (or getting, more accurately) a boy never entered my mind. So- have fun with her! Congrats from DC!

Jenn
              Same here! We just assumed we'd be having another girl with this last baby--of course we love our little guy more than life itself. In addition to my dad being the only son, he went on to have all daughters, so that poor guy has never had another man in the house, unless you count the dog we had growing up.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jennifer,

First and foremost, congratulations on your newest baby. As you know, there is nothing better.

RE: expectations about gender. I always knew that I would have sons. Even others have said that they see me with boys. Even though we knew dd would be a girl, I was still sort of expecting a boy to come out. If we do try for a third, I know that it will be a boy. (This is from my mommy's intuition--take this with the knowledge that I am somewhat of a fruitcake).

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations! Here's to more estrogen in your home! :~

Comment

Thanks everyone! I think Alex is warming to the idea of a fourth sister.

As far as names:

We've got Madeline Rose, Zoe Aileen, and Sophia Grace. My three criteria for a kids' name are 1)it is hard to make fun of, 2)it flows beautifully, and 3)both the middle and first names have to mean something to me on a spiritual level. Ok, so I probably take this more seriously than I should....

So, I *think* husband and I have settled on Eleanor for the first name of this child. She can go by "Ella" as a kid and change over to her full name or "Nora" when she gets older if that appeals to her. Now, finding a middle name is not going to be as easy....

Jennifer

Comment

I vote Eleanor Rose.
                      Oh wait, don't I get a vote?????
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love the name Eleanor!
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Luanne, Eleanor Rose is a BEAUTIFUL name and to be honest, I'd pick it in a heartbeat except - my oldest twin is Madeline Rose and she's very possessive of that middle name (she thinks of it as a "princess" name ).

But, I like the feel of Rose with Eleanor - if I could find something with that same elegance I would jump on it!

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
                          X