Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Well, a glimmer of hope.

We have friends who are adopting from the same region (we met through the agency) and they JUST GOT THEIR COURT DATE!!

Their daughter came off the registry 3/6 so, if things are on a similar trajectory, we should be hearing about a court date shortly after 3/22. They aren't able to travel immediately (they have a horse farm about an hour north of the city and of course, that means baby horses and lots of care-taking!) They told the adoption agency that they needed two weeks of a heads up, whereas we told them- we'll go ASAP. (of course, the Army does so well at short-notice family things- but I remind my husband that this is NO different than if I were giving birth- they'd have to suck it up then, too!)

Maybe I'll actually be able to celebrate Mother's Day this year!

Jenn

*fingers crossed*

That's the best thing I have heard all day! So that means that you could be just a week away from finding out and a court day shortly after that?

I don't know how you'll be able to keep from camping out at the airport as soon as you find out. Of course, let us know when you hear.

:=

Comment

Wow, Nikolai's only got like a week left on the registry!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

fingers, toes, and all conceivable body parts crossed.

Come home, Nikolai. So many people have been waiting to meet you. Best of luck to you and Rick. Get ready for the best time of your life.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Fantastic news...I hope things keep on progressing so you can get little Nikolai home soon!!!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Wowweee!

What great news! I hope you go soon and have a great Mother's Day in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yay!! i will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Wonderful, I'm sending baby karma.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Fantastic news, I hope things progress quickly and you get the little guy home soon!!!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Jenn -
                    That is GREAT!!! I so hope you get your court date QUICKLY!! Keep us posted - I can't wait for him to finally come home to you.

Jen B.

Comment

How exciting! I hope all goes well and you can have that first "official" Mother's Day celebration this year!!!

Jennifer
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I bet you can hardly wait! How exciting!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you....now I've got to mail out that little something that I had for you for while you were waiting before the waiting is over. I must stop procrastinating!!!!

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to hear the good news that he is finally in your arms.
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have been thinking about you guys the whole time we were in Indiana, wondering if you had heard anything yet. I am SO excited for you. Keep us posted!!!!

Sally
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X