Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

"What seems to be the problem"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What seems to be the problem"

I have been complaining a lot about frustrations with my 3 yo, but sometimes she cracks me up. Tonight when I was laying down with her before going to sleep,

she said in a serious tone, "Lay down Mommy, lets talk. What seems to be the problem?"

I replied that I didn't have a problem, but I was very tired (hint, hint: go to sleep). "Do you have anything on your mind?"

"Yes, she said. I get sad when you are angry at me".

Ok I don't know where she is getting this arm chair psychologist routine, but she is so funny. Of course I felt like a chump with her calling me out on my bad parenting lately. Note to self, tomorrow give lots of hugs and kisses.

Jennifer
    Needs

Re: "What seems to be the problem"

Originally posted by jlynnb
    "Lay down Mommy, lets talk. What seems to be the problem?"

This had me laughing out loud!! Oh, she sounds so-o-o-o-o cute, I'm glad you had a little cuddle moment with her.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Too cute!

Comment

Those are the "cuts like a knife" moments. They crack you up, because suddenly they are so intuitive- and then they bring you down a few notches with the truthfulness of, well, a 3yo.

Glad to hear that you were able to give the attention to get "analyzed" and that you are able to set the agenda for today with lots of hugs! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That would make me laugh and cry!!!!! I used to work night shift at the hospital on weekends, and one morning I heard my daughters talking to one another saying Mommy will be cranky, she worked last night. That hurt. I shortly after that quit night shifts.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It's amazing that kids can bust out with some of the wisest insights! I guess we get these little glimpses into their better selves so we can remember their potential when they turn 13 and are screaming "That's not fair!" while slamming doors....

It sounds like it was a very sweet moment.

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

What a sweetie pie! She sounds like a very charismatic little girl!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
              X