Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Early Arrival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Arrival!

Hey! I've been trying to type this for days - but the baby must sense that I'm on the computer and she starts crying!

Our daughter - Natalie Jeanne - is finally here! She arrived four weeks early but she's doing great. I was so bummed initially because I didn't have a "labor". But, she's healthy and perfect - so I'm over it now.

I noticed the day before my 36 week appointment that I hadn't felt her move all day. I stayed home and in bed the next day and drank about 2 gallons of water, but by my appointment, she still wasn't moving like normal, so I brought it up to my OB. I was sent to the hospital next door for testing - a stress test and ultrasound. We passed the stress test - her heart rate was in the 150s and I wasn't having any contractions, but the ultrasond didn't go so well. They watched her and poked my belly for 40 minutes but she didn't didn't move - just kind of swayed. The high-risk OB that did the test said that she wasn't sure why Natalie wasn't moving, but that she was mature enough to come out and it was better to take her out now while her heat rate was good rather than waiting so she didn't go into distress. I was induced and they went straight to a c-section. It turns out that the cord had wrapped around her neck and since she had dropped, there wasn't any slack in it. She came out screaming though and tipped the scales at 6 lbs 2 oz. She was 18 inches and had a head full of dark hair. It was the most terrifying yet amazing day.

She must sense that I'm writing about her as she just started screaming.

I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture.
    Kate
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Kate, that must have been so scary - I can't even imagine!! Thank goodness everything is okay! Good thing you were on the ball. I was always scared last time that I wouldn't even notice if Gavin stopped kicking.

I can't wait to see her picture - she sounds like a lil' spitfire.

Comment

Scary :labor". but great outcome!

Congratulations!

OOOH. baby pics, I can hardly wait!

Comment

Wow. Wonderful that everything turned out ok! Good job on being in tune with your body and baby.

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats!!! I'm so pleased she is healthy and thank goodness you were so on top of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

baby

Congratulations!!

I'd love to see the pics!!

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! My best friend had a similar L&D experience...nuchal cord times 3...baby wasn't moving much either. I'm glad you had a great outcome, and given the fact that she's screaming, she sounds very healthy! Take it easy and try to get some rest (yeah, right! )

Comment

Congratulations! I am glad everything turned out okay for both of you! Take care of yourself.

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

A big congratulations to you, Kate! That must have been a very scary time, but I'm glad everything came out ok. I can't wait to see a picture of Natalie!

Comment

Congrats! I'm glad things were ok.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Welcome to the world Natalie!!!
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

congrats!
                        Needs

Comment

Congratulations!! That sounds like it was really scary but I'm so glad everything turned out ok. And Natalie is a beautiful name, can't wait to see her pictures!!
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Kate -
                            CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad everything went okay for you. That is a lot how my first pregnancy went with the twins - I went to the hospital just for a pre-emptive check and came out with two babies, two months early. It is a wierd feeling, but it is so amazing to be able to actually hold that little life in your hands!!
                            Have you been able to get any rest?? Have you had any help come out with family or friends?? This is the most precious time to be able to just sit and enjoy your new little one!! I'm so glad she is so healthy and vocal!
                            Take care and enjoy little Natalie - I can't wait to see pictures!

Jen B.

Comment

Congratualations!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that it all worked out so well! Amanda was born with the cord wrapped around her neck and was an apgar 3 and then 10 minutes later was just a 7 I know it must be disappointing to have missed out on that last month and the labor/delivery excitement...but I'm so glad that she's here and healthy!!!

kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X