Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spill it, Jenn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill it, Jenn!

I'm absolutely dying of curiosity here and CONGRATULATIONS!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Well, Ms. Kris, check your hotmail account!

Anyway, we got back on Friday night- Nikolai was a trouper the entire way- from Perm to Moscow, all day in Moscow, slight (2 hour!) meltdown over night in Moscow and then on the flights from Moscow to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to DC. Of course he totally melted down on Friday night but that was also due to teething.

Saturday night he went to sleep at 5:30 PM, I went to sleep at 7, Rick at 8 (he hadn't been sleeping well while we were in Russia and the poor man was up until 1:30 on Friday, cleaning the house!) We all got at least 12 hours of sleep so Sunday was a MUCH better day. We're reestablishing a routine for him, not quite as rigid as the one he had but pretty strict nonetheless. And of course since the Russians love their opera, ballet and classical music, we quickly discovered that classical music is the music to sleep to!

He's healthy and happy and gaining weight by the second. He's a petite fellow so that's good.

The grandparents and relatives are thrilled. We're just having fun. He's quite the little performer and has this little grin that just kills us. He particularly is funny when he thinks he's getting away with something.

We're heading up to Walter Reed to get him registered with TriCare and get some consults scheduled. The heart problem is still there but not serious. The thumb has resolved and we need to get him checked out by ID as chances are he has giardia. We have his Russian medical records and there's a doc a WR who has offered to translate them for us.

So, the adventure begins!

Jenn

Comment

Chris (Dagny) already forwarded it to my yahoo account!

I cried when I read your email, Jenn...I'm so happy for you. How is it going? How is Nikolai adjusting? How are you communicating with each other?

<----tears of joy!

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

What a wonderful journey you guys have begun!!! I'm very happy for all three of you!

Keep writing about the ups and downs when (if) you have time. I look forward to every one of your posts!

Sending you tons of positive vibes...
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome Back! Congratulations! I look forward to hearing all of your new parenting adventures.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

It all sounds exhausting and absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I am so glad you posted! I was checking here everyday to hear your story! Thanks for sharing and congratulations, Mom!

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you made it bad safe and sound. You have been on my mind and I have been hoping that everything has gone great! Good luck on getting settled back in!

Jen B.

Comment

There are no words to express my joy for you! I wish I could see him! He is so lucky to have such loving new parents. ( I'm sure you feel lucky too!)
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm so glad to hear you guys are back safe and sound with baby in arms!!! :=
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

wow! congrats!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Jennifer, I am so happy for you!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him.

Comment

I'm so thrilled for all of you. I'm sure you will have a great Mother's Day!

Comment

Congratulations Jenn. Glad you returned safely and that you have your little boy in your arms. Now the real journey begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X