Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Long Term Babysitting- how to prepare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Term Babysitting- how to prepare?

I am leaving DD with one of three sets of parents (my parents, his dad and his former stepdad who is like a parent) for the two weeks I will be gone. I dont think my cell phone works in the boonies where I will be.

I remember a thread from way way back about how to prepare for leaving your child. The things I was thinking about were- make sure i give them her insurance card, do I need to fill out a paper saying they are authorized to make medical decisions for her etc. Are there any other paperwork type stuff I should prepare?
    Mom to three wild women.

We always sign and date a letter authorizing whoever to make treatment decisions for our kids. Other things I would jot down are a rough outline of your daughter's schedule, her favorites (toys, foods, songs, whatever) and what works to cheer her up when she is grumpy.

Have fun on your trip!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Thinking about my daughter who is the same age....I would include medication doses and the situations under which you give them. We have been hitting the Tylenol and Advil quite a bit with teething.

I think jotting down a general schedule for her is a good idea. As is a list of things she likes to do with detail as needed (afraid of swinging fast or loves swinging fast, that sort of thing). And any imporant details about routine stuff like baths, feeding, sleep, etc.

I leave insurance info too and a letter like Sally mentioned.

Comment

I second everyone else's advice. If you have any close mommy friends, I would leave their numbers and give them a heads up that your daughter will be with the grandparents and you are potentially unreachable. Sometimes it's good to have someone who is a current "mommy" on call. Make sure they have the info for your doctor's office too and know the standard procedure for getting advice from them. Have fun on your trip!!
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
        X