Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

3 ultrasounds in 3 months....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 ultrasounds in 3 months....

So a couple of weeks ago I had to go in for an ultrasound because I had light spotting and feeling achy. It seemed to be getting better, but my doc wanted me in for a quick check.

The nurse I talked to said because I had had two really good u/s so far that maybe it's a case of I am overdoing it. Given my history they would be rather safe than sorry- miscarried at 10 weeks my first pregnancy.

Anyway, This kid must be camera hungry... :- have feeling maybe a diva is about to be born. I felt everything was ok, but given the fact that I miscarried my first pregnancy at 10 wks, my doc wanted me to go in. The little bub was kicking and swimming all around- VERY ACTIVE. It's amazing how much he/she has changed in just a month. I measured 3 days ahead of the previous 2 ultrasounds, no need to change my due date the tech said. Just means the baby had a growth spurt. Heart rate was 179...hmmm go by that and it could be a girl, who knows???

As far as the dull achy cramps, and spotting- there's an explanation.... the cramps- Braxton Hicks, and the bleeding- a low-lying placenta. I was told because I am under 20 weeks they can't diagnose me with placenta previa. So I am on "pelvic rest"- no heavy lifting, no sex, no strenuous exercise, and lots of water.

I am trying not to lift anything heavy, but it's hard when you're moving in 11 days! I always know when I start to overdo it- the spotting starts right back up.

From what I have been reading low-lying placenta or placenta previa corrects itself most of the time by 7 months. Matt says this pretty much answers our question about the whole family doc vs. OB question.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Take care of yourself and do not lift a thing. Now is the time to eat bon bons and watch tv.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sending "high lying placenta" vibes your way. BTW, mine corrected itself. My job share partner's did not and it was a PITA for her and her family. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy nine months.

Also, I had 5 ultrasounds with DD after my miscarriage. I went in for any little twinge.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm with Luanne. I'm sure everything will be fine but I'd hire out the heavy lifting and scut work for this move. Do you have someone around to help? (Other than the DH....)
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I have a lady coming to help me pack sometime this week. I have been packing boxes, and leaving them for Matt to move when he gets home.

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I had a placenta problem at the beginning of this pregnancy that caused some bleeding. It did correct itself.

With a radiologist husband I think I've had about half a dozen ultrasounds with this one as he wants to "practice" on me.

I had an ultrasound every week for the last ten weeks of my twin pregnancy (complications). It was really neat in a way to see all of the changes that would occur. But, after a while the sonographer would ask me if I would like the pictures from that session and I'd wave my hand and say, "We've got plenty already." I'm sure they weren't used to hearing that.

Good luck with the move! You're also going to need help with the unpacking of the heavy stuff as well....

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I had a low-lying placenta with my second that corrected itself......here's hoping that yours does the same! I had to get weekly ultrasounds for a while with my third because I was exposed to Fifth's disease during that pregnancy. Unfortunately, the hospital where I had to go for the ultrasounds was 30 minutes away. That took a lot of fun out of the whole thing! Really, thanks to DH I had plenty of ultrasounds with my second and third pregnancies and I was "over it" by the time they actually became necessary. But nothing ever showed up and my little one ended up being just fine.

Lay off the heavy lifting and use your pregnancy as an excuse during this move. I wish I had had some excuse to opt out of the past 3 weeks!!!!

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
              X