Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Getting kids to eat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milkies, huh? That must be fun to hear at high volume in an office waiting room. My feeble tip is to try offering an obscene amount of variety in a low pressure environment. I used to make up a snack tray with a little bit of this and that and ....sad I know ...put it on the coffee table while my tots watched a PBS TV show. I figure if TV can make adults eat mindlessly, then why can't it work for kids, too? I think that counts as a low pressure environment. As for the nursing, I believe in stalling them to death. Keep moving and tell them in a minute! (Sadly, I also used to lie next to them at night on my stomach and pretend to be deeply asleep. I think they passed out over my back after trying to wake me for 30 minutes. I'm pathetic.)
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie,
      That is sooo funny. What a visual.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

You mentioned garlic and lemon juice...what about aloe...from the actual plant? Does it even grow up there? We used to put it around dogs incisions to help deter licking. I don't think it's that hazardous when ingested but I don't really know. I certainly wouldn't ingest very much of it. Yech!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

And the aloe would be so soothing, too....especially following the lemon juice/garlic thing!!!! Hey, if you get nothing else accomplished, you will have beautfiul, supple nipples!!!!!

Sorry!!! I just couldn't resist! I hope you are having some luck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeartRN
            Hey, if you get nothing else accomplished, you will have beautfiul, supple nipples!!!!!
            Yes, that hang down to my navel! :!

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I hear ya, sister! The girls don't sit upright like they used to before one year of nursing.....more like deflated balloons.... :!

Comment

You know the girls need help when you can lay on your back and nurse a baby who is laying down at your side. :!

Comment

I could do that fairly comfortably, too, towards the end of nursing!

This could probably be a debate for the debate forum, but would you ever consider getting a "lift"? I have a friend at work who did (without augmentation). I would REALLY have to research it well...but apparently it's much less involved than implants. Ahhh, the wonders of modern medicine!

Comment

Yes! Actually, I'm sort of mentally planning on it now, though I always swore I would never do anything like that. I wonder if I could get the surgeon to throw in a tummy tuck and a butt lift as a professional courtesy.

Comment

I'm all for whatever makes me look better. You can suck and tuck and lift whatever you want on my body. I am a saggy, stretch-marked, flabby canvas, just waiting to be molded.

I fully plan on having a do-over in the body department in a few years time.

I'm going to have to have a hysterectomy in the next couple of years, and I am hoping to include my tummy tuck along with that. I have a whole outher laudry list of things I want done. I don't really have anything that I want fixed with my face, yet, but I'm sure I'll change my mind about that too.

It kind of dampens the mood when your trying to be intimate with your husband and you have to pretty much move your tummy. My breasts are like tube socks with cantaloupes in the bottoms, and I know that nipples aren't supposed to point south.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

You guys are cracking me up....and scaring me to death, too!! My friend had a breast lift and her insurance company actually footed the bill...she was able to get the doctor to say that the reason for the surgery was to reduce strain on her back.

Comment

And once again, let me be thankful for the hand I was dealt! I got one already sleeping through the night, eating big people food, nearly ready to talk- and I have no stretch marks and the girls are right where they've always been...

I have no money but vanity does sometimes win!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                          X