Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sick of being sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of being sick

Geesh, isn't it summer and time for the cold season to end? We've had another round of colds here last week and the puking flu this week. Even hale and hearty DH got sick. At least we have avoided ear and sinus infections and lingering coughs on this go around....but enough already!

Nellie--Hope you guys are feeling better. Kind of interesting...DD's ENT said that this year has been really bizarre as far as kids and illness....and he said illness of all variety. I guess things are just hanging around longer, and the viruses are just ickier and more virulent. I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

PLEASE feel better soon!!! Kids and illness together should be another realm in Dantes Hell.

When I have a low moment here and there I remember myself trying to care for two sick kids while also nursing a 103 fever. Oh MOMMA I wanted it ALL TO GO AWAY!!!

I'm pulling for you and your kids. GERMS BE GONE!!!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

We are sick here again too. What is up with that??? Do you think it is because we are both in new places this year? Who knew that Ohio germs were so different from Northeast germs? Hmmm. Another red state/blue state difference. I seem to recall being sick a lot when we first go to Boston as well. Maybe that means next year will be better. (And ultimately, this moving stuff will make all us medical familiies super- resistant---right, RIGHT?????)

Clearly at the end of my rope, *aachoo* *cough* *cough*
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Oh no, Angie! I hope this is the end of the colds for you and that you feel better soon!
          We are all *knock on wood* better here except that DH does have a lingering cough that has re-appeared -- originally from the laryngitis he had a few weeks ago. Maybe it does have something to do with moving? I like that theory because next year should be better.

Brother! Enough of this -- it's time for swimming and ice cream and summer stuff!

Comment

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! Hope your family returns to better health very soon
            Needs

Comment

Working...
            X