Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spoiled dawkter's brat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiled dawkter's brat

Well, I can't verify your hormonal status but I'm sure it's probably implied that your kid will behave differently than others because her daddy's a dawkter.

We get it from my husband's family all the time. (ex- "I didn't know if I should send clothes, I know he probably has everything"- Well, yes, he has everything a one-year-old needs- clothing, food and a safe crib. My clothes live in his room because we have no closet space. We're using a 50 year old dresser for him. He is sitting in a playyard covered with a rug from Crate and Barrel Outlet. He has 10 toys. He DOES have one pair of expensive shoes, but I used refund money from Best Buy...)

Yikes! I feel your pain.

Jenn

Same thing here, but mainly comments come from strangers after we've chatted a while, like at the mall play area. "And what does your husband do?" I answer, then there's a pause, followed by the all knowing "Ohhhh.....really..." and then in a little squeaky voice to my daughter "Aren't you just the luckiest thing to have a daddy who's a dawkter?!" ::

It happened just yesterday, no joke. I wanted to respond with "Right lady, she's so lucky lately that Daddy's never around and she's wearing hand me downs (not that I care) with Payless shoes (again, not that I care, though!)!!!!!" ARGHHH!

Yes, I definitely understand where you're coming from! I don't know what's worse, total strangers with unsolicited comments/advice about being married to a dawkter, or family members!!!! Sorry you're having to deal with this, and feel free to vent. I just did and I hijacked! My apologies!

Comment

I'm bracing myself for it.

Tim has always been off the charts, so when he was 2 he was the size of your average 3 yo. At 5 he holds his own with 6 or 7 yos in height. I am continually saying his age when I speak to him in public because I know from experience those nasty "what a brat" looks change over to one of tolerance once they find out he is only 5 and can't be expected to xyz yet.

Comment

Tracy,

I can SO relate to your issues about having a bigger than average child!
        (Sorry to hijack!) My oldest is very tall for his age, but was pretty skinny as a toddler/preschooler, so it was an issue, but not too bad. My youngest is 3.5 and is HUGE! I find myself saying his age a lot, too, when we are in groups where I don't know many people, which is most of the time lately. He is very much a 3.5 year old emotionally and developmentally, but he is bigger than most 4.5 year olds and many 5.5 year olds. Actually, he is almost as big as my middle son, who is 7, and is above average on the charts. I know exactly what you mean about how the looks change once people realize how old the child is.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
        X