Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How long is your summer vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is your summer vacation?

I was just reading the 'starting kindergarten' thread. I can't believe school is already starting for some of you guys...

Our kids got out of school on May 22 and don't start again until *gulp* Setp. 6th.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

That is a long summer break! I alternate between thinking it is too long and too short. Totally depends on the day.

I was surprised by the early start dates too. We start a few days after Labor Day but schools get out late around here -- June 10, I think.

Comment

My son got out on May 24th and he goes back on August 8th. I wish it was a bit later in the summer.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We get out after the second week of June and start back mid August. In Boston, we got out at the end of June and started after Labor Day. Your break does sound long, Kris! Last year my kids had a very short summer; we left Boston when school ended, moved in and school started a month later. I think they are enjoying the time off this year.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We start so early, because there are a million and one days that they are off! The school year ends in the end of May, like the 25th or so....

Comment

My older 2 boys start on August 18th, and I think Nathan (in preschool) starts one week later. I have to admit I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Laura, how did the first days of Kindergarten go for your oldest?

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yes, How did everyone's first week of Kindergarten go?

Sally, mid-August sounds very reasonable. All of the summer rec activities are over now and so the kids just sit around every day "I'm Bored"
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kindergarten was "cool and fun" according to our first reports.

Now we deal with the bus next week....should be interesting. Thankfully, he will be in the first two rows near the driver and the second to last one on/second one off.
                Being the socially active kid that he is, he walked around the first orientation day with is hands in his pockets and only talked to the teacher! It was funny and a little sad to see him growing up and moving on without us/me. Since then, he already has a couple kids to play with in/near our neighborhood that are his age. So, I think he will keep going!

Comment

Working...
                X