Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

24 hours without

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours without

The Little Dude.

and so far- we've been to a Nats game, we're on our way to our favorite restaurant (we used to be able to take the dog, but we tried dog and dude once and discovered that one of them had to stay home. We picked Petey.) so Petey will come along and get his favorite burger (spoiled former 'only' child that he is). Tomorrow I have 1) dermatology appt to get all of my moles and freckles checked out and 2) girlie appt. with the coolest NP in the universe (ironically given my family- her last named is Beverage) and then 3) I get to plant my arse in the payroll office of the Army and find out why they've managed to screw up the adoption reimbursement and Rick's elisted benefit reimbursement. (I'm kinda salivating about actually speaking to people in payroll)

Meanwhile, Nikolai is on the island with my parents. I called and my mom has made him sugar cookies, my dad hung out in the wading pool with him, they've gone on a walk, and when I called, my dad had him out on the deck looking at the sailboats on the Chesapeake Bay. so, he's not lacking for anything except parental limits.

Jenn

Congrats! There's nothing like a few hours (or days) without the monkeys! I had a full 48 hours without all 4 of mine before school started. Now that they're a bit older, Grandma was willing to try all of them at once (brave soul). I walked around the house for the first hour unsure what to do with myself & then parked myself on the couch with a book for most of the time (instead of organizing the kids rooms). It was heaven & I was thrilled to see the kids again...although they decided they wanted to move in with Grandma & the 2 younger ones screamed on the way home!

Sara

Comment

It's tough - and a relief. I find that I spend a huge chunk of my days wanting time to myself and freedom, and as soon as I'm out alone I start oooohing and ahhhhhing at all the babies and wanting to see mine.

Enjoy your time, and kick some butt at the payroll office.

Comment

Jenn,

I so completely advocate Grandparent time. Even with some amount of issues, my kids' time with the grandparents is excellent for all parties involved. You want adults emotionally invested in your kids. The sooner the better. Now, if I can just plant a chip in my MIL's head for some minor adjustments....

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
        X