Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I had to drag her out kicking and screaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to drag her out kicking and screaming

Well, the fun and excitement of starting kindergarten has worn off. On Friday, my friend that was taking Maya to school reported that she became very tearful at dropoff. So today, when her ride shows up to take her to school she starts to back up and says she doesn't want to go to school because the day is too long (it is 7 hours!). So, I went ahead and took her to school and had to drag her kicking and screaming out of the house. I tried to give her a pep talk on the way to school and she did voluntarily walk into her classroom. I'm interested to see how her day went. I kind of expected after the "honeymoon phase" was over we would have some issues.
    How are the rest of the kindergartners and school children faring?
    Awake is the new sleep!

I'm sorry you had such a rough morning, Sue. I probably would have been in tears! I hope Maya had a good rest of the day. Mondays are always tough anyways....hopefully the rest of the week will go by smoother!

Comment

Sue--I'm sorry it was a hard morning. Let us know how her day went, though!

P.S. I couldn't remember--did you guys decide on the Spanish Emersion (sp?) school?

Comment

Sue, here's to the rest of the week getting a little easier! How was her transition to the MDO program? How did the rest of the day go?
        (ps -- what's the Morton County thing on your ticker?)

We start K-garten on Wednesday and I'm curious about how it will go.

Laura -- we have had some quality control issues w/ the bathroom. We've been making an effort to get her independent this summer...but, uh, she's not too thorough.

Comment

Well, she was happy at the end of the day (unfortunately I couldn't go pick her up because her sister vomited shortly before I was going to leave so I had to call my friend to pick her up--she didn't seem too disappointed by that). I hope tomorrow mornign goes better. I'm going to do the "taking" for the rest of the week in case she has any more rough mornings so that should probably help.
          Re: The bathroom--she wipes herself, but not always very well. She used to insist on bending over to give me a good view of "the area" to make sure she did a thorough job but I finally convinced her to stop doing that. It's quite shocking to be sitting there minding my own business and look up to see a full moon.
          Morton County is a hospital that loaned us money right after dh got out of medical school--dh was supposed to work it off but he isn't going there so we are paying over $2K a month for the next 2 years to pay it back. It is sucking us dry!!!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
          X