Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

exhale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhale

I did it. I went on a "weekend for me" with four other moms.

It was a BLAST. I weaned DS, kissed DD, gave my husband one of about a thousand "thank yous" and ...left. A ninety minute flight later I was in a "destination town" sipping a fantastic wine and hot tubbing with girlfriends. I played pool, ate GREAT food, went hiking, got hit on, shopped, and went horseback riding. My friend's house was beautiful and every room had its own bathroom and looked like a "Better Homes and Gardens" example. A PERFECT girls weekend.

I am reborn.

It lasted Friday morning to Sunday night and it was great. I love my kids, I love my husband and I'm glad to be back!

I am very lucky!

PS....DH is having his first REAL interview as I type. Wow.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Sounds fantastic!

All the more reason why we have to get this med spouses meeting off the ground.

Jenn

and good luck with the interview, keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
      Sounds fantastic!

All the more reason why we have to get this med spouses meeting off the ground.

Jenn

and good luck with the interview, keep us posted.
      I totally agree!

Here's to more blissful weekends in the future!
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That sounds *fantastic*! Glad to hear that everything went so well.
        And very inspiring....

Comment

YEAY!!! So the inlaw thing must have gone ok? I am so glad you had time away. It's amazing what even just a few hours will do for a person! (like going to have a couple beers with a co-worker after work, and an awesome greasy dinner! I did this last night and it was GREAT!) Glad you feel great, Flynn. You more than deserved it!

Comment

How great!! Your weekend sounds just divine! I'm so glad it all worked out for you.

Comment

:ra: That sounds like a blast! I am so glad you got away and had a great time. I was able to do that once for two nights and came back completely recharged and ready to take everyone and everything on. Congrats on your own time!

Comment

Thanks guys. I remembered again how "easy" my life was pre-children. I'm not saying everyone's life is that way, but mine was EASY. What did I do with all that time??

It was a good choice and kind of a celebration of a new era in our house as the "boppy pillow" can be retired for now, maybe forever!
                DD and DS will be one and three respectively in October and I SO LOVE the toddler thing much better than the baby thing.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                X