Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween costumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween costumes

Experienced moms - I'm trying to figure out what to do for my little one's first Halloween - do I get her an indoor costume or an outdoor costume? By the end of October I think it'll be pretty cool outside, so I'm leaning toward an outdoor costume, but then what do I do for the Halloween party we're going to during the day? I guess get two costumes or maybe layer underneath?

Get one costume.....put sweats or warm jammies underneath it for being outside, and light clothes (onesie) under it for inside. That's my 2 cents, anyway.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I agree with Sally -- one costume that can have warmer stuff underneath should do. I swear that Halloween brings on cold weather!

Comment

Jill-

be forewarned here, I used to go up to Mass to help my friend with Halloween and I think the WARMEST it ever was on 'the day' was 40. We had snow one year.

Brrrrrrr.

Jenn

Comment

I am trying to convince the DW that the little boy needs to be scary and not cute. She wants like a duck costume and I keep telling her holloween is about scaring the spirits away.

So ladies, give me some hints on how to sell the "scary" one year old idea.

Comment

Peter-

there is no such thing as a scary one-year-old. Even in a scary costume they're still cute as heck! Unless he's carrying actual body parts (which I don't recommend) I'm thinking you're stuck with cute.

But the duck thing? Tell her that could be damaging in later years. Imagine the taunting by the first girlfriend...

Jenn

Comment

What about a skunk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Arma-Skunk-Hall ... dZViewItem

My DD was a ladybug last year. I don't think my DS dressed up his first Halloween, but he was Winnie the Pooh the year after. This year my daughter is going to be Tinkerbell.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Scary doesn't go with cute baby LOL. Besides, you don't want him to get used to scary stuff, the schools won't let him do it anyway.

Tim has been:

1-a dalmation
                2-a lion
                3-a monster from Where the Wild Things Are (lion costume with bits of fake fur and pleathor sewn to it)
                4-a 3 yo who refused to wear a costume but agreed to orange sweatpants and an orange tee with a pumpkin on it
                5-a brown fruit bat

Henry has been a pumpkin.

Comment

I LOVE to see the really little ones all dressed up for halloween. What are everyone's kids going as this year?

My 7 yo son- zombie
                  my 5 yo daughter- fairy
                  my 2 yo old daughter- ladybug

Comment

Emma 3 yo- a pumpkin (her choosing, I bought material to make her costume, we'll see if it happens as I also found a cute pumpkin costume on clearance at Old Navy)

Brigham 2 yo- a cheetah

Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I can't wait for Halloween! Our little guy is going to be a lion. We are going to a party that night so I will be Dorothy and DH will be the Tin Man.

Comment

Erica,

That is going to be so CUTE! Make sure and take pictures! (and post them, too )

My boys are all past the cute baby stage, but it looks like Napoleon Dynamite, Darth Vader, and a robot will be making the rounds from our house. Target had a Napoleon Dynamite mask, but it looked nothing like the actual Napoleon. So we are still working on that one.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I've got a zombie and a Shetland pony. I'm going to have to figure out the whole Shetland Pony thing .

We had great luck one year with a mummy costume on our son. DH wrapped him up over long underwear and we put on white face paint. He loved it. You can't beat the cost if you are in the medical fold.

As for the scary one year old -- I'd go for a devil as a compromise. Scary - but cute!
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Our three year old twins (boy/girl) are going as... Luke and Leia from star wars. We are going to a family thing, and so DH and I are going to be Princess Amadala and Anakin(sp?) - the baby I think will be R2D2, or an ewak...
                            Yes - I realise the cheese factor is getting pretty high with our family .

Jen B.

(a few years ago, DH and I went to his med school party as each other... I was a doctor, and he was - a pregnant woman! It was HILARIOUS!! The people in his class laughed their heads off when they realized who it was!)

Comment

One year DH and I went as a bride and groom but he was the bride and vice versa. I wore my dad's tuxedo t-shirt and put my hair in a french twist and DH wore a pink frilly dress. It was pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X