Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cookie Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie Mom

I am the newly appointed "cookie mom" of my daughter's brownie troop. I was picked because I am organized, fun and ....well...I was the only on who was dumb enough to volunteer. To kick things off in grand fashion, I MISSED THE INFORMATION MEETING!!!!! Basically, the only thing I was required to do. I am an idiot. Queen idiot, actually. Now, I am embarassed and uninformed. Hopefully the supreme hoo-haa cookie lady will help me out - without too much scorn. I called and emailed to apologize and reschedule a private training session.....

Anyone out there got any cookie experience to share? I am leading a girl scout meeting tomorrow with 6 year olds. So far, I am planning cookie based games and a little brainstorming session on "fun things we'd like to do as a troop". Was anyone a girl scout? Do you have any good cookie meeting memories?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: Cookie Mom

Originally posted by goofy

Anyone out there got any cookie experience to share?
    I like them and most of my experiences with them are good ones.

I was a girl scout (brownie) and also sold them but don't have any memories of a cookie meeting. I just remember that the troop leader's daughter ALWAYS sold the most by a landslide, by means of which I am still suspiscious to this day.

If you have an extra Samoas....

Comment

Maybe you should go out and rent Troop Beverly Hills to get some inspiration???
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Re: Cookie Mom

Originally posted by goofy
        Hopefully the supreme hoo-haa cookie lady will help me out - without too much scorn.
        That made me laugh!

It reminds me that my husband calls the local Le Leche League leader the "Grand Dragon".

Nothing of substance to contribute here. Just laughing.

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I'm so freaking old that I'm of the generation that actually was sent out, by ourselves, to knock on neighbors doors. It never occurred to me to have Dad go into work to sell the cookies to his co-workers. or to set up infront of the local grocery store. Wimps, I tell ya.

Jenn

Comment

Angie that is too funny. We actually had to go out door to door and sell them too. I lke the Thin Mint and the Peanut Butter cookies. Can you sell them online??????
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Excellent idea, Luanne!

Can you take on-line orders? Do you ship? If you are the cookie mom, does that mean you get all those boxes of cookies in your garage? Our neighbor used to be the cookie mom and all those boxes of thing mints....oh-oh-oh...

Comment

I buy only thin mints and then freeze them. Unfortunately, because I have no self control, I end up eating an entire sleeve of the things at a time. (and I eat an entire pint o' Ben and Jerry's at one time too. It's a binge thing. Without the purge.)

So, send me a case, sista!

Jenn

Comment

Mmmm ... cookies ...

Sorry, Angie, we're not being much help at all, are we??!! :>
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Well at least I have a good market!!! The grand hoo-haa cookie lady did call me last night and set up a private cookie training for today. (Yeah!!) We can't officially sell the cookies online but I'll have a decent supply for private sales if anyone is truly Jonesing for Girl Scout cookies. The sale is from November through December. I pick up the order after Christmas. Cases and cases of the things. I think I'll be freezing some this year as well. It's good to have a Brownie in the house!

Now I just need to get my activity game plan together for this afternoon. It's feeling a little weak. I have a story about earning money for a goal, 2-3 cookie themed games, the "business" of deciding what we can do as a troop with our proceeds and - maybe - a cookie facts scavenger hunt or a cookie science experiment. Luckily, there are lots of resources online - including links like "Emergency Activity Planning" and "Instant Last Minute Meeting Ideas". My kind of links.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                      I buy only thin mints and then freeze them. Unfortunately, because I have no self control, I end up eating an entire sleeve of the things at a time. (and I eat an entire pint o' Ben and Jerry's at one time too. It's a binge thing. Without the purge.)

So, send me a case, sista!

Jenn
                      of course you eat them a sleeve at a time - otherwise they'd get freezer-burned! how does the rest of the world do it?

Comment

I am soooo happy that I do not have to do this. BUT I am willing to buy.
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                        X