Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Umm Umm good breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm Umm good breakfast

DD's breakfast this AM:

1/2 banana
    free range organic scrambled eggs with feta cheese
    15 pieces frozen uncooked sliced okra eaten plain and cold

What kind of kid scarfs frozen okra??
    Mom to three wild women.

That is too funny. I love okra, but it isn't quite the staple vegetable here in New Jersey. I ate it all of the time when I lived in Mississipppi & Georgia.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Frozen okra? Too funny. Amazing what they will eat when they don't know it's....gross...or in this case, how much better it is fried! Is it as slimy when it's cold?

btw, I am jealous about the eggs. No eggs here yet and I think the days are getting too dark as it is. Even if they do lay, I'll have to throw away the eggs because one is sick and all are exposed and now getting antibiotics.

Comment

Okra?? I can't even get my husband to eat the stuff!

Comment

Wow...and I thought this was going to be a post about unhealthy breakfasts. My daughter ate a package of german cookies this morning!
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We go for the same thing, every day:

one banana, a handful of Cheerios, and a sippy cup of either milk or Kefir. Period. Mom does not have enough mental energy to be more creative these days. and he's refusing scrambled eggs now.

Jenn

Comment

Funny!

Comment

Henry ate:
                1 1/2 cups of oatmeal (3 baby bowls full)
                1 large banana
                1 sippy cup of milk

Then for morning snack, 1 1/2 hours later, he ate some cheese and an apple.

Right now he is having lunch of 6 crackers, more cheese, and some grapes, plus milk.

This kid eat more than me and his brother together.

Comment

I have never had okra! DD#2 had vanilla yogurt mixed with peanut butter and granola. Mom's favorite. Plus a banana, glass of milk and some juice. Miss Piggy this morning. DD#1 had an apple and chocolate milk.

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

PS. the only way I think I could eat okra is frozen...

okra is one of two foods that I won't eat. (sea urchin sushi looks like poo and tastes like ass)

Jenn

Comment

Hey, tread lightly... I LOVE uni. Seriously. My daughter eats cooked egg sushi.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the sea urchin sushi. I'll be staying away from that!!

scrambled eggs with cheese for one kid, bagel and OJ for the other....and a chocolate chip scone and large coffee from Starbucks for mom. I'm feeding my soul better than my body these days.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've been feeding my soul and all I've gotten is 6 lbs on my hips and thighs.

Comment

Working...
                          X