Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Boredom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boredom...

OK..I've been playing online all morning....I can't seem to motivate myself to clean the kitchen, finish the laundry..or take my little guy out for a walk or something. We've basically been sitting here on the sofa in the family room with me on the laptop and him watching PBS all morning.

help!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

ah, sounds like my life...except I have no lap top so I can't even take the computer with me...and the office is the least 11 month old friendly room in the house so I just end up following him around all day thinking "would it be wrong if I had a beer?"

Comment

I have had those days.

Make a treat out of them.

I used to thow jammie day parties. Didn't get dressed til it was almost time for DH to come home.

We'd watch tv, eat junk food, and then when naptime came I would veg out on the puter or watch a movie *I* wanted to see, or gasp! a bubble bath with grown up music. :@

Even better if its snowy or rainey.

I say if a beer makes the 7th quadzillionth time building a stack of blocks to be knocked down more interesting, go for it :!

Comment

Hey Peter-

It's been beer-thirty pretty early on these rainy days here in DC. The answer, much like when I called my friend when I was stuck in Russia having had to go to the store to buy my own gin and tonic and discovered that the only item I had to drink it from was a sippy cup that I'd brought for Nikolai-after we'd seen a dead body and the bar didn't have tonic so I had my first Gin with soda water.....whew.....was "it's only a problem if you need to use the lid ON the sippy cup."

Jenn

Comment

Hey Annie --

We had pajama days too! My kids still ask for a pajama day sometimes on a rainy weekend and they are school aged now. Committing yourself to wearing pjs all day takes the pressure off. How much can you do in pjs? Cuts the to do list waaaay down.

Kris....if you need something to do, we could always work on the next MDFamily issue.... (Bad Angie! Evil Angie! Ruining Kris' good day.....)
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie,

I already thought many times about the fact that I could...and should be doing something productive...instead, I piddled my day away....sorry :!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Everyone gets a good day now and then!! I told you it was evil to mention it! I piddled away a good part of my time today as well.....must be in the stars.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
              X