Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flying with a 1-year-old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BENADRYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

BENADRYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the only one here who has grown-up kids- me thinks she knows of what she speaks...

Jenn

Comment

I was always given Benadryl when travelling long distances as a kid. (Dad's a doc.) We've only done it once, out of desperation. I'm kind of squeamish about medicating unnecessarily, but I bring it along as a last resort. Once, we were stuck on a 25 hour road trip and DD wouldn't stop screaming - no matter what. We gave her the Benadryl. After we arrived, we had her checked out. Turns out she had an ear infection. No manner of entertainment would have helped. It's a good thing to have in the travel bag. (As well as Children's Motrin!)
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Jenn,
          My Dad was a pharmacist and always gave us Benadryl. He called it "pink tea" so we wouldn't get carsick. There were six of us!!!!
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

WINE, TEQUILA or best bet....some Compari Orange with orange juice.

Or were you talking about what to give your daughter?

:>
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Sign me up, Kris!

Comment

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Too funny! I'll be ready for a stiff drink after the the flight, that's for sure!

I decided to go ahead and get the extra seat for the little one...now I have to decide on the car seat. I have some time to ponder it.

Comment

Working...
                  X