Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jogging stroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jogging stroller

I'm ready to buy a jogging stroller but I really don't want to spend a lot - like maybe $150 max...any suggestions?

Jill-

It depends entirely on how you want it to work-

Test drive a couple. and it may end up costing you more, but I use mine all the time. We got one that converts to a bike carrier and a running stroller. Look at the kind of stuff you want to do- are you thinking of just straight lines kind of stuff of will you need or want to go through the grocery store or make sharp turns.

I have one that the front wheels turn and I can maneuver it anywhere. Friends of mine who do pretty much just exercise with theirs have the stationary front wheel.

BOB's are good brands- check out the http://www.strollerstrides.com website- they get them at a bit of a discount I believe.

Jenn

Comment

I bought the BabyTrend which didn't hold up as well as my friends' InStep. I have a few friends that splurged and got the Schwinn and love them. I also have a couple of Burley's (the kind that convert to a bike trailer) and we love them!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I have seen joggers at Once Upon a Child and other resale shops, looking almost new.

I covet Burleys.

Comment

Second hand stores are a good idea - - also Ebay.

http://www.joggingstroller.com

This site helped me research a few brands I was not aware of before my purchase...

Good luck!
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I love, love my jogging stroller. We have one of the old Baby Jogger II ones but I don't know if they are available any more and a lot of new brands have come on the scene. I think the BOB ones look really cool and fold up nicely for friends.

We also have a Cougar double jogger that converts to a bike trailer (or rickshaw, or sled....). I like it, too because both kids fit in it and we can bike with it.

I think that all of the transportation items we have bought for kids were well worth the $$$ -- the joggers, carriers, backpacks, etc.

Comment

We also have a Baby Jogger II and we LOVE it. I think they quit making them, but we were able to get one online for about $250 back in the summer. This was a lot more than I wanted to spend, but my husband is a serious runner (20-30 miles per week) and he insisted. I have tried a friend's Reebok, and it is much harder to push. I think it depends on the amount of running that you actually do. The thing that is great about our running stroller is that it has huge wheels (bike size).

Comment

Another thing- the ones that have wheels like bike tires, (i.e. have to be pumped up with a bike pump) are MUCH lighter weight than the solid tires.

We have the Chariot (which is also great for a ton of comments on the Metro- the thing is huge and people always think it's OK to ask me how much it cost! Tacky, tacky) and we got the bike attachment, the stroller wheels and the single running wheel (the running wheel doesn't turn). It was a huge expensive thing, but as you know from living here, the fewest # of pieces in the city, the better. We didn't think we needed the Xcountry skiing or the hiking attachments...

Jenn

Comment

We didn't think we needed the Xcountry skiing or the hiking attachments...
                  We didn't either, but they sure are cool. If we still lived in CO, we would probably get the Xcountry ski attachment.

Comment

We have a Kool Stop and we love it. I bought it used though and would never in a million years pay the $400 new for it. But then I just use it for around the neighborhood.
                    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by jillflower View Post
                      I'm ready to buy a jogging stroller but I really don't want to spend a lot - like maybe $150 max...any suggestions?
                      I have a tip, may be you can try this. Towards the end of the year, most manufacturers release new models which make older models much more affordable. Therefore, department stores need to clear out their existing inventory to make room for new items so you can easily use this to your advantage by bargaining for reduced prices. Besides getting a deal on strollers, you can also probably get deals on other related items like toys.

Comment

Working...
                      X