Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

field trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• field trips

Hi...DS's teacher has asked me if I have any good ideas for upcoming field trips for his kindergarten class. Any ideas?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Local airport, the small ones.
    Supermarket.
    Children's Museum.
    Theater.
    Music store.
    Farmers Market
    Factory
    Zoo
    Farm
    SPCA
    Fire Dept
    Police station
    Hospital
    Nursery (greenhouse)
    Botanical garden
    Science Museum
    Historical Museum
    Local landmarks

Comment

Tracy's list looks pretty inclusive, but I'll throw more specifically a dairy farm and apple orchard onto the list. The preschool went to a marble factory last year, which was awesome. If there are any local places (chocolatiers, toy & miniature museum, halls of fame, etc., that might be fun. Maya's K class is going to take a trip where they visit the Argentine district (local Hispanic district) to see the post office, fire station, etc., and they will end the trip by eating at a local Mexican restaurant.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That's a good list, Tracy!

How about a behind the scenes look at a hockey rink? Or...an ice-fishing field trip? (Just kidding).

Last year, DD's pre-k went to a farm -- pumpkins and wheat, mostly. I've heard of some of the kindergarten classes going to the local grocery store bakery. One of my favorite Girl Scouts trips was to the Keebler cookie factory.

Comment

I don't know about the kindergarten class, but I'm for a field trip to an all-inclusive spa resort with free drinks and outrageous buffets.... :@
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I like your idea, Kris!

What about a tour of your local newspaper's newsroom?

Comment

Or to the court room where they can see what Cade's mom does! or to the hospital where they can (maybe) see his dad?

Jenn

Comment

Philadelphia has a great pretzle factory that our kids always enjoyed.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

there are farms that aren't dairy farms????

Comment

Working...
                  X