Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's starting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's starting...

So the last few days like clockwork at 5 pm, I have started that whole icky pre-labor stuff. I have been feeling crampy, and have a few really good Braxton Hicks that make me stop in my tracks--- nothing regular or anything that I can time consistently. I've started dilating and effacing. (we won't divulge how I know) I think the "actual" day is a ways off, but it has sunk in that I am really getting close. I will probably be that woman who walks around at a 4 for weeks.

We got Brigham a new car seat, which the first couple of days of use did not go over too well with him. All the baby clothes are washed, and hung up. The room will get painted next week. When I bought Brigham's car seat I realized there are other things that we need to get- diapers for one. What was I thinking, that I would put this 8 lbs newborn in a size 4 diaper??!!! So I am going around the house trying to figure out what I need to get- diapers, pacifiers, etc. All the stuff I need to replace in the 2 1/2 years since we have had a newborn around.

One other thing--- baby stores are so sly! When buying Brigham's car seat, I kept saying to myself how much cuter and more neat some of the baby things have gotten since I had Brigham! That's not fair!!!! If I wasn't so cheap I would go out and buy all the new and more cute stuff. How dare those baby stores play on my pregnancy hormones! :>

Good news- Matt saw my OB in the OR yesterday, and told her that his vacation has been switched. She said she would induce me on the 12th, that is of course if I don't go on my own, but I am not counting on it.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Very Exciting!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Great news about the vacation time and induction info.

I felt the same about new baby stuff. I had mostly avoided it and then went to a Target with an floorplan unfamiliar to me. I wandered through the baby aisle wanting all that cute new stuff.

Comment

I give you empathy with the pre-labor pains.

I'm glad you guys could work his schedule out for the birth!

Happy Baby Day!

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Good luck with the final preparations!

Comment

A little update....

I can't believe that I am really on the downhill slide....

I had my 35 week appt- had the Group B Strep test, gained 1 lbs for a total of 163 lbs (38 lbs), and here is the *I guess* good news- the doc checked to see if any progress had been made-

1 cm and 50% effaced.. all together now-- "Oooohhhhh!" Because I am a multipara (or multip as Matt likes to call me) it's not uncommon to start dilating or walk around at 4 cm for weeks.

My OB said that if I were to go into labor this week she would half-heartedly try to stop my labor only because I am not 36 weeks yet. But she said this would be a good weekend to go, as she is on-call. However with all that said, she would prefer that the little bub stay put until next week- which would be my preference as well because my parents would be here.

Other stuff- my doctor agreed to induce me on Dec 12th or 14th as long as I am showing progress. She wants me to be 2 cm and 50% effaced, uhh shouldn't be too hard to do. :lol

Crystal
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crystal!!!!

This is soooo exciting. And 34 weeks? I'm so jealous...I've always gone over.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow, Crystal....hopefully the little guy will wait.

On the flipside...I was 3cm dialated and supposedly 80% effaced for something like the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with Aidan. My OB kept telling me "you will definitely go this w/e" By the time the actual date arrived, I felt like I was overdue or something.

Take lots of warm,soothing baths and enjoy this time as much as you can. I can't wait to hear all about the baby when he comes and see his pictures!!!!!

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My husband always calls 1 cm the "free spot" (like on the bingo board) for multips because it usually means.....not a whole heck of a lot. The effacement sounds encouraging, though!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

And 34 weeks? I'm so jealous...I've always gone over
                    I am 35 weeks today. Emma came at 39 wks 3 days, and Brigham came at 40 wks (one of those 5% of women who actually deliver on their due date). My mil was all excited for me today, and I just thought yeah, yeah, ok not getting my hopes up. It took me 3 weeks to dilate to 4 cm and 75% with Brigham.

What's funny about the dilation the OB said "Well you are definitely more than 1 cm at the bottom, but at the top (close to the baby's head) you are 1 cm. So I go with the smaller measurement."

I think I will be about at the same point at Dec 12, so I am crossing my fingers for a quick and easy induction.

Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                    X