Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

36 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 weeks

Nice, short and sweet appointment-

I am scheduled for an induction at 530 am on Dec 12th- 9 days early.

Weight- up one more lbs. for a 39 lbs weight gain.

Other stuff- baby is head down, although he gave the doc a scare as when she was feeling for position he stumped her with his very bony butt. When she checked for dilation and effacement she confirmed that he is indeed head down, and was able to feel his head. I am still 1 cm, but I am 70-75% effaced and my cervix is midline instead of posterior as it was last week, so I changed in that regard. I am making some changes. BP was good. Baby's heartrate 140s. Measured 37 weeks.

If I went this weekend which I highly doubt I will- just dreaming- it would be perfect- my parents will be here. Next opportune weekend- the weekend before the induction. Matt said we are hitting the mall and the sales on Friday to get me walking.

So for the next few weeks- bring on the extracurricular activities, bring on the walking, etc.

Oh more good news- the cast goes bye-bye in 2 weeks!

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Sounds like things area at least looking brighter. I assume or hope your illness is gone! Pretty soon you will have that baby in your arms. You are in the home stretch. One more week, and it is term, baby!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I still have a cough but it's bearable as long as I take Robitussin.

I just remembered something else about the appointment-

on my induction orders my doc wrote-

Induction-
      1. Start Pitocin IV
      2. I break your water
      3. Have a baby!

* You can get the epidural anytime, even before we start the pitocin!

I am probably strange, but I want to try again without meds. Matt keeps telling me "You wouldn't go to the dentist and have a root canal done without meds."

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crack me up.....and congrats on the eventless appointment. At this point, I would consider that an accomplishment..so many things have happened this pregnancy!

In a month...you'll be a mom all over again, Crystal! Has it set in yet?
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
          In a month...you'll be a mom all over again, Crystal! Has it set in yet?
          uhh it's starting too. :thud:

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crystal,

Congrats on the great appointment, sorry you're not feeling great with your cold.

Not to hijack, but... I had a checkup yesterday and found out that I'm already 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced! Of course, it means nothing at this point, but I'm excited to be making some progress!! It freaked DH right out, though, 'cause it's really going to happen any day now and I think it's really starting to sink in for him. No plans to be induced at this point as DH can pretty much take vacation whenever he wants, so now we just wait and see... Too funny, by the way, about the bony butt, the same thing happened to me at my appointment yesterday!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
            X