Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

37 week appt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 week appt

Well the past couple of days has been interesting....I know I have already said this pregnancy has been nothing short of boring.

Last night I ended up in L&D- I had a gush of fluid in the morning while I was getting the kids dressed. When dh came home from work the conversation went something like this-

Me- "Honey something funny happened today."
    DH- "Oh yeah what?"
    Me- "I thought my water broke this morning. Hahahaha! "
    Dh- "That's not funny, call the doctor right now."

I thought it was a false alarm, but the on-call doc and dh wanted me to go in to make sure everything was fine. My water didn't break, but my blood pressure was high for me- 130/68, and they found small amounts of protein and glucose. I was sent home and told to drink more water- all the while thinking, if I drink any more water I am going to float away.

So I went to my appointment today- measured 36 weeks, which means- the baby has dropped-- YEAH!! I was correct about the burning pelvis, which is getting better I might add. So I am -2 station, "good" 2 cm dilated, and 75% effaced. BUT my blood pressure was 136/80, still high for me, and they found trace (very minute) amounts of protein and glucose in my urine. My normal blood pressure is 100-102/50 Dh was able to make it to the appt and was asked to monitor my blood pressure the rest of the week and if I get above 140 then I need to call, and above 150 I definitely need to go to L&D to be induced. My doc also advised if I am showing any other signs of pre-eclampsia to go in immediately. Apparently there is a first time for everything. My OB said this week would be a good weekend to go into labor as she is on-call.

I have to go back on Monday for a follow-up for the blood pressure.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

WOW ---Good luck!!!

I'll be thinking of you!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Wow - you have had quite the nine-month adventure with this one! I SO hope the baby comes SOON!!! It's always such a good feeling for me to become 'unpregnant' after delivery!

Take care and good luck!

Jen B.

Comment

Working...
      X