Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bedtime Aha Moment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedtime Aha Moment...

Bedtime in our household has been insane since we moved...absolutely out-of-control nuts. We tried to transition Aidan to his own room with the result being that as soon as I even mention the word 'bath' at night he screams and howls and runs crying through the house.

As it was, Amanda has her own room, Andrew and Alex shared a room and Aidan had the teeny bedroom.

So, yesterday, as I listened to Andrew and Alex fight while cleaning their room, I decided I'd had it...I went upstairs and moved all of Aidan's stuff (including his toddler bed) into Andrew/Alex's room while both boys stood there with their mouths gaping open. I then took the twin bed that sits underneath the boy's loft bunkbed and put it into the smaller bedroom. I enlisted their help in moving Andrew's things into the small room..and he begrudgingly helped. He didn't WANT his own room....he complained it would be way too small, he moaned and carried on...until it was complete. Then I couldn't keep him out of it for the rest of the afternoon. He started planning the Harry Potter posters that would go on his walls and was thrilled to finally be able to decorate the room just as HE liked it.

Bedtime last night was .... dreamy....Andrew went into his room, shut the door, turned on his reading light and laid in his bed and read himself to sleep. Amanda stomped around in her room as usual and then finally went to sleep...and Alex laid with Aidan in his little firetruck bed and read to him for 10 minutes until they both drifted off to sleep. No tears....no running through the house screaming...just peace.

Let's hope THIS LASTS.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

That is great!!
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yay! "Shock and awe" wins again!

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

The House of Kris....I love it!!!

:>

Comment

Last night was even better than the first...I know I'm jinxing myself here. Seriously, Andrew grabbed a good book, popped into bed, turned on his reading light and I never heard from him again....Alex and Aidan got into bed and I sang 2 christmas songs...they were out before I finished the second one!

Amanda, of course, pouted and stomped around her room because now she has no one's room to sneak into and has to sleep alone. Andrew wont' let her in his new 'pre-teen' room and she didn't want to go sneak into Alex's room. At the end of the day, she did sneak in and sleep on Alex's top bunk once I was downstairs. Then in the middle of the night, both Aidan and Alex ended up in our room...so she still ended up sleeping alone...just not in her room! She hates sleeping alone.

kris

Comment

Working...
            X