Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

medical school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical school

Amy came home from school this weekend and announced she is going pre-med!!!!! I'm happy and excited for her, but really scared. She is a very strong Science/Math student, and loves medicine. aaaagghhhhh - sucj mixed emotions here.

Luanne

Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

YEAH...congratulations to both Amy and YOU! This is really exciting news for you guys......

Keep us posted!!!

Kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Luanne-

That's pretty exciting! And on the upside, she has at least an idea of what the whole thing is about!

Good luck to Amy (and to you!)

Jenn

Comment

Congratulations Luanne! That is exciting news but I also understand why you have mixed emotions. It is definitely not the easy route in life. How exciting for Amy too. So much to learn and experience!

Robin

Comment

Thanks so much - she is a great kid and works very hard. I wish her the best but want to protect her from all of the emotional trauma!!!!

Luanne
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne,

Congratulations! You must be so proud that Amy has turned into such a conscientious and ambitious human being. I know that you worry like any good mama should, but maybe she will be able to negotiate the balance better than those who have gone before her. Each generation seems to carve out a life that works better for them.

This is awesome news.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations to Amy, Luanne! She will greatly benefit from having you and your husband!!

Comment

Thanks so much to all of you for the emotional support. Maybe one day I will start a website for "medicalparents"!!!!!!!

Tonight was Caroline's Junior Prom, Amy went with me (to another girl's house pre-prom) to take pictures, and one of the parents asked her about school, and she proudly said "I"M PREMED".. My heart was bursting with pride!!!!

Luanne
                Luanne

Comment

You should feel proud, Luanne. Your hard work as a mom is paying off for your daughter!

Kris
                  Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Working...
                  X