Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Birthday party...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday party...

We're having a Harry Potter party for my son's 8th birthday this Saturday.

Anyone wanna come?

I'm making a couldron cake, chocolate frogs, and butterbeer!

The kids will be watching HP and PoA. THat should keep them busy for two hours. I have a worsearch for them to do when they first arrive. We'll watch the movie, and then have ice cream and couldron cake!

I can't believe my baby is going to be 8!!!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Sounds like fun! Congrats on eight years of being a Mommy!
    Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
    Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Sounds like a great party...and very well planned!

Comment

Oh sounds like FUN! I definitely want to come. How did our babies grow up so fast?

Although my baby boy won't be 6 until February 1st we are having his Batman party this weekend because it is the only time DH is available for...the next three months. Anyway, DS is brimming with excitement. He got to choose his menu for the day: Doughnuts for breakfast
        Cheetos, Capri sun, Pizza and Cake for dinner.

Wish me luck as I allow 7 six year old boys to take a bat to a pinata inside of my house. After that, we're breaking open glow sticks, turning out the lights and jamming it out to kids' music. I think that we will have to have a reality tv show come in afterwards to remodel the house.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

It sounds like you have a great party planned, Heidi! You have one lucky little boy!!

Comment

So, we had the party! My little boy is 8, in spite of my threats to put bricks on his head so that he will stop growing up. Wisely, he tells me that this won't work, and I just need to accept that he is going to grow up.

WAHHHH!

Only 3 party guests out of 10 invites came. We had the boys come in and work on a Harry Potter word search until all guests arrived. Then we had them write their names on a pice of parchment and we put their names into a bucket. I wanted to do a sorting hat, but couldn't find it. Anyway, I drew their names out and sorted them into houses. 2 for Ravenclaw and 2 for Hufflepuff. I avoided the Griffyndor and Slytherin houses for obvious reasons, I think.

Then we went to Potions class. The boys stirred their troll bogeys (corn starch and water). Then they had to say a spell. We then gave them some dried dragons blood (food color on a dark spoon). 50 points would be given for any house whose potion turned the right shade of purple. I gave the underdog team the correct spoon and awarded them points.

Then we went to the quidditch field (living room) to play quidditch. The boys needed to hit the quaffle through the goal posts (balloon through a hula hoop) to earn 10 points for their house. After one of the teams hit 50, I called an end to quidditch, and we headed to another lesson.

After that we went to History of Magic class. I put in Scene It Harry Potter in the DVD player on party mode, and it asked them questions. The first team to shout out the answer earned 10 points. After a while we stopped that. Then we declared a champion and winner of the House Cup.

Then we went to the Great Hall to have the end of the year feast. We drank butterbeer (cream soda and butterscotch syrup - entirely to sugary, but the 8 year olds liked it) and ate cauldon cake.

One of the party guests brought some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, and the boys had a great time sampling boogers, ear wax, grass, and the like.

Then, we opened presents and the guests went home. A great party!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

That sounds like lots of fun! Great cake!

Happy Birthday to your not-so-little guy!!

Comment

Did you make that cake?!?!? It looks fabulous! Sounds like the party was awesome, congrats!
                Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Wow, what a cool party. I wonder if Caroline will let me do this for her "21st" this year.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

She might, but legally the butter beer can be real
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Your son is very lucky indeed. He will always remember this.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm thoroughly impressed by that cake! Sounds like it was a great party.
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Is 27 too old for a Harry Potter themed party. It looks like such a fun theme party that I would totally do it for myself
                          Danielle
                          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Wow, that is an amazing cake! You are quite talented. Sounds like you threw a great birthday bash!

Comment

Working...
                            X