Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my day so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my day so far

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

That sounds like my Thursday and Friday! My girls have gone from being best buds to hating each other again. It goes in cycles and we are definitely in a down cycle. I understand the sentiment but I'm not sure I understand my dh's attempt to control the situation by telling the girls one of them would have to move out if they kept on fighting.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sorry for your bad morning. Hopefully it will get better!
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Unfortunately, you've described every day in our house for the last several months. My two older children (11 and almost 10) used to be best buddies...now all I hear is "I hate you" "you suk" "you jerk" "I wish you weren't my sister/brother" :! Then, my 11 year old and almost 7 year old fight constantly over their game cube, or the computer or...who stinks, or who's stupid...or....ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

I'd like to say that I handle this with the grace and elegance of June Cleaver, but quite frankly, I'm so fed up that I can't stand to hear it anymore. I've tried the whole "Siblings Without Rivalry" approach, and honestly, it's a pretty good method. I wish I'd started it a lot sooner...but I don't usually have the stamina anymore to say "I hear that you are frustrated. You are both so grown-up, I'm confident that you can work this out on your own"...I'm more likely to scream at them and send them to their rooms.

Where IS my mom-of-the year award?

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
          Where IS my mom-of-the year award?
          If anyone deserves this award it is you!
          Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
          Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
            My two older children (11 and almost 10) used to be best buddies...now all I hear is "I hate you" "you suk" "you jerk" "I wish you weren't my sister/brother" :! Then, my 11 year old and almost 7 year old fight constantly over their game cube, or the computer or...who stinks, or who's stupid...or....ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.
            This is my house as well, except that rather than fighting over actual things (such as the game cube), we fight over things like nuf-head, poo-head, soupdecon-head, beso-head or any other stupid made up word they can through in front of "head" to achieve a response. I've gone from trying to explain that these are just words and are meaningless to making the offender stop saying it b/c it isn't nice (which then gives it meaning).

I'm open to suggestions.

Comment

I do like the Siblings Without Rivalry approach. Unfortunately I loaned my book out to somebody and now I can't remember who!!! I just emailed a bunch of people pleading for whoever I loaned it to to give it back! Anyhow, I can be zen about it to an extent but eventually they do push me to the edge and I scream at them, take away Barbies, priveledges, separate them, etc. They don't care, they fight from afar when they are separated and as soon as they are back together again they are once again hurling insults and finding new and creative ways to piss each other off!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
              X