Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my, my, my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my, my, my

so, Nikolai has turned into quite the parrot (as my dad discovered when he called him a cute little sh*t and heard it right back at him)

Needless to say those flippin' Pittsburgh Steelers have caused the family many anxious moments over the last few weeks. and my family is known to swear like truckdrivers during key moments. During a critical time yesterday we all starting saying all of the "non-offensive" words like fiddlesticks, dagnabit, jeepers, etc. (which was pretty funny) so my mother starting saying, "my, my, my" at all of the critical moments.

So, first words from Nikolai this morning whn he dropped his sippy cup? "my, my, my." Good thing we stayed away from the curse words!!

Jenn

Stories like this are what make me want one, how precious!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Very cute!

Comment

Too funny!

I love toddler words. When we're in the car, my dd likes to say "geez," a word I've used many times when I don't like what another driver has done. Fortunately, I haven't slipped yet and used other words to comment on driver transgressions!

Slightly related - she calls ketchup "chep-up". My dh and I now say to eachother, please pass the "chep-up". Toddlers crack me up!
        Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Our DD loves animals, dog is her favorite word, only she says Daaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwgggggggggggggg in a seriously strong southern accent. Since we are in Georgia Bulldog territory it is appropriate but neither DH or I have much of an accent.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Jenn...I was putting Aidan in his carseat on Friday and I kneeled down on a little piece of a toy with all of my weight...It was so painful that I just burst out with an "oh shit".....Aidan immediately started saying "oh shit, oh shit"....

I guess I'll have to start watching what I say too. :>

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

How cute!. DD has definitely picked up "bad words". The other night at dinner was pretty chaotic and something spilled. DH was flipping out and I was very aggravated at him and the situation. DD#1 looked at me without a thought and said, "Momma, why are you so pissed?" DD#1 is currently running around saying "shut up". Lovely!
              Needs

Comment

Originally posted by jlynnb
                How cute!. DD has definitely picked up "bad words". The other night at dinner was pretty chaotic and something spilled. DH was flipping out and I was very aggravated at him and the situation. DD#1 looked at me without a thought and said, "Momma, why are you so pissed?" DD#1 is currently running around saying "shut up". Lovely!
                I laughed out loud at this one! Kids are sooo funny!
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Very cute! The other day I knocked a bunch of books over and said "oh sh*t" and then Mitchell came around the corner and repeated it about 5 or 6 times. I guess I'm going to have to watch my language, I don't worry about it with the girls that much because they know there are words I'm allowed to say and they aren't, but I guess Mitchell isn't there yet.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Football games can be v. stressful. During a Browns / Steelers game several years back, (Quinn was a baby), Quinn would start to cry everytime I yelled at the t.v. (no swearing, just RUN! or the like). After about an hour of this, I was exasperated from consoling him and said "Buddy - you're just going to have to learn to suck it up!" Jacob was around 1.5 years at the time, so I didn't really think anything of it.

Fast forward 6 months or so, and we're all playing on the floor. Quinn bit me and I yelped, and Jacob says "Suck it up, Mommy!"

I started watching my mouth from then on.

Comment

Working...
                    X