Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

baby brag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby brag

In the past week, Nathan (7 1/2 months) has learned to sit up, creep forward, and has cut his first tooth! He slept from 12 to 6:30 Sunday night, but sadly was up last night at midnight and three, as well as his normal early rising time. Hopefully, he will be sleeping more in the near future.

I felt like a new woman yesterday and didn't know why -- my husband told me when he got home that it was because I had only gotten up once with Nathan! I have gotten on such automatic pilot at night that I didn't even realize I didn't get up at 3 until he told me!

The other thing is that this past Saturday, my husband was on call, we were having a birthday party for my seven year old (seven seven year old boys!) and I figured out that morning that I had mastitis, due to a teething baby and some cracked nipples about a week ago. We felt truly wiped out at the end of the day. My husband had a patient in labor and waited until she was completely dilated and almost completely effaced before he went in because he wanted to help me with the party. I collapsed afterward with a heating pad on my boob and we did absolutely nothing all day on Sunday!

Life with kids is certainly interesting -- I just re-read the paragraph above and wondered if I would have ever envisioned such a weekend when I was in college (or even afterward) and having rose-colored visions of parenthood.....

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

My how we all change!

7 seven year olds with two more of your own younger children????? You are more woman than I am!

I know that I felt like a nicer human being when my baby slept through the nights at ...11 months! It wasn't until I weaned him that he was able to sleep through the night. For a few months afterwards, I still woke up in the middle of the night out of habit and checked on him. Of course, the first time, he did sleep through the entire night, I thought that he was dead!

It sounds like you are truly enjoying this time with your little ones, which is awesome. Humor really is the best coping mechanism around. Enjoy!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sally, you have been busy!!! I agree with Kelly about how much we changed after becoming parents!! You survived a birthday with seven 7-yeard-olds!!! Congratulations!! LOL!!

That is so wonderful to hear the achievements of your little one. They grow up so fast. I keep reminding myself to savor every moment because I never get another one like it!

Christy

Forever Friends

Comment

Seven 7 year olds AND mastitis? I'm officially declaring you mommy of the MONTH!! Good grief, Sally!

It seems like growth comes in spurts..and I always found myself rejoicing and feeling a bit nostalgic at the same time. We want them to start becoming more independent and when they do....well..it's nice and it's a bit sad too

Congrats on surviving that party. I'm trying to plan one right now for my about-to-be 6 year old ...yipes...maybe you can come do it for me

Kris
        Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Sally- Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with all that is on your plate. I had to smile when I read about your baby. My daughter just turned seven months and I revel at how much fun she is and how quickly she is adapting to her environment. They are so much fun!

Jennifer
          Needs

Comment

Working...
          X