Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Protective Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Father

I didn't realize until today how protective my husband is going to be of our daugther. He gets down and plays with her and talks baby talk so it is easy to see how much he loves her. He has already had the boy talk several times, we know he means business. Today marked the territory that no one should mess with or hurt his kid.

Avery has recently become very squirmy, rolls over and hardly sits still which makes it difficult if you are in any way trying to dress her. Today she was sitting on our dining room table while my husband was putting on her socks. She leaned to reach for something and fell over and clunked her head on a glass bowl we have in the middle of the table. Both of us we stunned for a moment and it took a second to move. Avery hit her head pretty hard and looked a little scared after it happened, but she didn't cry. My husband got angry, probably at himself, but proceeded to pick up the bowl and planned to throw it against the wall. I said no and he put it down. Seeing what happened to Avery really bothered my husband and I had to reassure him that she would hurt herself a lot and we couldn't always control it.

He felt bad all day even though she was fine and was laughing and talking two minutes later. I think he is going to be very protective of her. It is kind of funny how this happened on the same day she first said Dada.

Jennifer

Needs

Jennifer,

I know he was upset all day...but isn't it great to see that protective father-instinct kick in?

Avery is ok? Isn't that frightening? When Andrew was 9 1/2 mo old, he stood up by the top of the stairs. I was watching in amazement...and then suddenly, he fell backwards and rolled like a little ball all the way down the stairs....Thomas and I were both devastated and took our startled, but uninjured child to the ER because we were just beside ourselves that it had happened...we were envisioning brain bleeds, etc....though he was busy playing ball in the waiting room It gives you a shock...but it does show you how deep your love goes!

Kris
    Time is a Dressmaker, Specializing in Alterations!

Comment

Hey there Jennifer!!!

How are you??? I'm glad you and your husband are enjying little Avery so much!!! The first times it is scary when our kids look to be hurt or are hurt!! Being your first child, I think has a lot to do with it too!!! You know what I mean??? If you have more children, you'll know what I mean... Bob and I were just talking about that the other day about how Wesley had to do everything just perfect and how he had the best of every circumstance... and no child could compare... LOL!! Now with Jonah, we are so much more relaxed... haha!!! We have probably taken too much of the other extreme... We're like "You're okay Jonah and then, go on with whatever!"

I do think it's wonderful that Ron is protective of little Avery though. That's so sweet!!! Children bring on new meaning to our lives that we once never even thought about. I hope you are enjoying every little minute. You never get another moment like this one and they'll never be anyone like little Avery!

I miss you Jennifer!!! Are you working now?

Christy

Forever Friends

Comment

Working...
      X