Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kid boast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid boast

We had to go for an MRI today of my 4 YO's brain....it had been suggested before, but I'd always balked for fear of general anaesthesia. Some recent exam findings had raised the issue again, and now the neurologist suggested that we might try it without general.
    I held off on her nap today, and we gave her some benadryl, but she stayed up through the whole thing, and was an absolute trooper! This is somebody who can't even stand loud toilet flushing, or babies crying, and she stayed still, didn't cry at all, and was generally a good sport. She mentioned to the tech that her puppy was soft and had no metal, so she could bring it in the tube with her, and the tech said OK
    By the way, no significant findings on the MRI. *deep exhale*
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

*phew*

I'm glad she did so well. Good call on giving it a try.

Comment

Good for her, and GREAT for mom and dad!

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that everything is fine! Deep sigh of relief!!!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Glad to hear that all is normal!

Comment

I'm so glad it went well. :ra: for a normal result.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That is wonderful!!!!!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm happy for you!

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yikes! and I'm sure with your DW, it was even more stressful with you needing to manage the neurologist on top of managing the child...

Glad all went well. I think sometimes they know when they need to take one for the team.

Jenn

Comment

What a good little patient!!! And thank goodness no findings on the MRI, you must be so relieved!
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm glad the procedure went well. She definitely was a trooper!

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                        Yikes! and I'm sure with your DW, it was even more stressful with you needing to manage the neurologist on top of managing the child...
                        you got that right. She was positive we were gonna get some disastrous news, especially since she has some horrible peds neuro cases on her current rotation
                        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                        X