Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Potty Training Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty Training Progress!

I'm being completely sarcastic.

Anna has lost all interest in the toilet. Her new thing is that she can take her diaper off by herself, put it in the trash, and pull her pants back up. It's kind of cute, really, and she likes to be helpful.

She is so efficient, however, that I don't always see her doing this which sometimes results in her peeing all over herself and the floor. This happened this morning. I told her in a happy voice -- Anna, next time you have to pee, you could sit on the toilet just like your sister!

She looked at me and said: No, diaper.

Ok.....

Later on she was running around naked and then pulled on my hand and said "diaper".

I know....this is probably progress and her own way of doing things.....but it's getting a little messy.

It gives me a headache just reading about it.

Just when you get one thing under control something else presents itself.

A big groan is being sent your way.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Ifeel your pain Nellie. I had DD going both ways on the potty at 17 months and was quite smug thinking I was successful. Now EIGHT months later, we have no further interest or progress. If she is naked, she always goes in the potty, no accidents at all but if she is wearing any sort of clothing on the lower end she pees in it. I will without a doubt wait until the next one shows interest in the potty. I only hope I didnt give her potty issues for life bc i tried to push it on her too early.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Sueanne -- Bryn was the same way. The silver lining is that she switched to underwear really easily. It was a matter of a day. But, it took a little longer than I expected for her to get there -- because she did so well naked. The big turning point was that DH made a special trip (more special because he was rarely home then) to Target with her and let her pick out her new undies.

No potty issues. Well, except some quality control....but I think that is normal. :!

I think our issue is that she doesn't want to be a big girl and that was such incentive for Bryn. I know she will come around but the in-between time gets messy. She can tell when she pees and doesn't like the wet diaper and can tell when she is about to, sometimes, because she asks for a diapers. And she wants to be the big kid and helper taking off her daiper. M&M and other treats are not doing it for her. Yet....yet!!!!

Comment

BTDT, Nellie. I usually dread potty training. We've been really fortunate so far this time, but I'm already assuming that we'll regress and be back to square one after baby comes.

As usual..I have no advice...just... :flowers

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Ugh, I feel for you Nellie!
            I was just reliving some potty training sagas that we experienced over the years this morning--which has me none too thrilled about having two more kids to go through it with!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
            X