Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Nakiemeister!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nakiemeister!

Alright....my three year old refuses to wear any stitch of clothing for longer than about 15 minutes....this includes when he is in the backyard on the swingset

Help! Is this normal? I do not remember my other two going through this phase????

Kris
    Edited by: kmmath at: 8/12/02 7:35:31 pm

Wow- I'm all for nekkidity...not sure my neighbors would appreciate it though! Ahh, take some pictures and be sure to save them for the prom night.

Jenn

Comment

Ahhh, you've got a streaker! Not all kids go through that phase I think, but for those who do it is perfectly normal (I don't think he's going to end up working for Chippendales in other words). Just watch out - I heard of a case where some really nasty neighbors "anonymously" called CPS on a neighbor who's two year old raced out of the house in just undies one morning. Apparently CPS tried to charge the parents with "neglect" - it was a big fiasco!

Jennifer

Comment

I had a friend who had a streaker in the family when he was 3. They would bring him to church in a pair of shorts only because he wouldn't wear a shirt or shoes and even that was a struggle. When I would visit her at her house, he was always taking his clothes off. It drove her crazy but he outgrew it. Totally normal!!

Robin

Comment

I have two three year olds. One likes to keep her clothes on, the other is ALWAYS naked. We come home from being out and within minutes she is butt naked.

When they are both in the back yard playing with their pool, they are both naked as the day they were born. In and out of the pool and sandbox, all in their birthday suits. My rule is that they can't go out in the front yard without clothing.

Comment

I think this is hysterical! Kids appreciate the freedom of life so much more than we do--let Alex enjoy it before he becomes saddled with societal norms and expectations.

By the way, Minnesotans seem to be a bit more liberal minded about naked kids--it must be those Sweedish roots. We go to the beach several times a week and I see so many of the kids under the age of 5 running around buck naked or at least getting changed into their swimsuits publicly. I can honestly say that I don't think that I ever saw this happen in Ohio. Maybe Alex is more "gopher" than you think!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My youngest loved to run around naked. I have pictures to embarrass her with now that she is 17. Just be careful about your difficult neighbor. You don't want her to report you for "public nakedness" !!!!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That's it! The next time the Crazy Lady (Kristen's neighbor) comes out and throws her hate-looks (and pine cones) at Kristen, she should let Alex strip and streak past the woman a few times! Now, I have GOT to see that!

Jennifer

Comment

Maybe it should be a family nakedness event. That should just about do it to throw her over the edge!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X