Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so cute....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so cute....

Nathan, my youngest, (4.5) started soccer yesterday. After watching his brothers play soccer and basketball for his whole life, he was finally in the action for the first time. There were a horde of kids there for the first practice, and of course we knew no one......the story of my life! He held on to my hand *tight* while we looked for his coach/team. It turned out that yesterday, instead of individual teams practicing, there was a skills clinic for all of the kids (there had to be at least 100 of them there), so I stood (in drizzle) and watched it all. He hung back on the outskirts of the group, but he did everything he was supposed to do, looking over at me every once in a while to make sure I was still there. When that was over, we met his coach, decided what day we would practice, and we were done. In the car on the way home, he asked, in a serious voice, "Mom, how did I look out there?" And this morning, he woke up and asked what day it was. I told him, and he asked "So do I have a soccer game or a soccer practice today?" Thankfully, the answer was neither! He is totally into it.

It is cute but bittersweet because I remember when each of his older brothers started soccer, at about this age, and it seems that it coincided with them crossing the threshold from preschooler to little boy. It really does go by fast!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Ooh, how cute! I love little kids playing soccer or as my DH calls it "herd ball"
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Re: so cute....

Originally posted by mommax3
      "Mom, how did I look out there?"
      Too cute!

I can't believe Nathan is 4.5 already! Time does go by far too quickly.

Comment

That is cute!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Oh, that is so cute! He's getting so big!

Herd ball... . Good description.

Comment

I can't believe he's 4 1/2, Sally.....holy cow!

You'll have to post some soccer pics for us once he has 'practiced' some more.

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
            X