Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakfast

Every morning for breakfast ds wants "mama's special toast". It really isnt that special, it is just toast with peanut butter.....EVERY morning this is what he wants. Im sick of making toast! So, this morning I let him help me make waffles.....thinking he would eat them if he helped. Um....nope. Not one bite. So, I clean him up and he asks for "something else, please."
    What would you like, I say???? Broccoli. Are you sure..."uh huh, Broccoli."

So I gave the kid broccoli and he ate every single bite. Go figure....who am I to stand in the way of veggie consumption.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

That is funny!!!! It really doesn't matter what they eat if it is healthy. My kids used to like breakfast for dinner.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm all for kids wanting the same thing every day. My son was like that. I used to fight it. Now, i have to make lunches for my daughter. She craves variety. Picky eater, but wants something new each day. If she doesn't eat, she's a major grump after school. My son still eats PB and J with an occasional turkey sandwich thrown in. Maybe it isn't the most nutritious meal plan, but at least it's easy to figure out at 7 am before the coffee kicks in.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That's great that he at least picked something healthy, although I couldn't even think of eating broccoli before 11am. I think your son would become good friends with suwanee's daughter...wasn't she the one who ate frozen okra for breakfast??

Comment

DS2 had TWO breakfasts. Frozen waffles before his brother comes down, then whatever his brother has because the world would stop spinning if DS2 didn't have what DS1 has and DS1 is mortified by having his breakfast decision made for him.

Comment

broccoli for breakfast..... yum!

We had a similar experience for lunch.....only with peas instead!
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

That is too funny! We seem to be stuck in a waffle rut at our house (the frozen kind--you know I'm not cranking out fresh waffles each morning).
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Well, we have moved on from the broccoli phase....we are now entering the macaroni and cheese phase.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Isn't it funny how different kids are. My oldest refuses breakfast except for something to drink until around 10:30am. Then she usually wants goldfish and a juicebox (which I refuse). I cringe at sending her to school without a meal.

My second daughter wants to eat immediately and usually ends up eating twice because of her sister.

We stick to waffles, granola bars, fruit, oatmeal and sometimes muffins. If I am desparate I break out the goldfish.

ETA: If my kids wanted broccili at any time of the day, I would serve it. Another one of our favorite breakfasts is vanilla yogurt mixed with peanut butter and granola!

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Working...
                  X