Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My baby turns 1 year old today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby turns 1 year old today!

We already had the party last weekend, but today is our youngest daughter's first birthday! It's so hard to believe a whole year has passed. I'm planning on writing her a letter about what she is like right now, and saving it for her until she is older, and doing the same every year. I saw this on Oprah, and thought it was such a neat idea. (I plan to do it for our oldest daughter, too once her birthday rolls around.)
    Awake is the new sleep!

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Nathan turns one on September 7th, so they are about the same age. All I can think about lately is how HOT and uncomfortable I was this time last year -- how about you?

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Awww, happy birthday to both of those little ones! What sort of party did you do last weekend?

Comment

Happy birthday little ones!

I loved that age! Absolutely priceless! Great idea of writing your daughter a letter Sue.

Enjoy!
        Robin

Comment

We did a party very typical of me--I decided late Friday night to have it Saturday afternoon, so I emailed our friends and everyone in our playgroup. Then, since I had to take our older daughter to another birthday party in the morning, I was calling people on my cell phone on my way to pick up the cake to let them know we were having it. Surprisingly, a lot of people showed up despite the poor planning. We had a great time, and almost everyone stuck around for dinner (which my husband cooked, and sort of cleaned up afterwards). The girls were on their best behavior, despite that we were so busy our 2 year old didn't end up taking a nap. Overall we had a great time!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sounds like a great impromtu party for your daughter! Those are the best kind. I am sure she had a wonderful time.

What is her name by the way?

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Wow, Sue...what a neat way to celebrate the birthday...I like the whole impromptu party idea! You didn't have to mess with invites, waiting for people to rsvp, etc, etc....and it sounds like it went off without a hitch.

One year old.....it goes by fast, doesn't it!!!! My 'baby' is already 3 1/2...I can't believe it.

Kris

Comment

Happy birthday to your sweat peas!!!!

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jennifer,
                  Our baby is named Sydney and her big sister (20 months to the day older than her) is Maya.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Pretty names!

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
                    X