Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Remembering September 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering September 11th

What are you doing to help your kids prepare for tomorrow, if anything?

I have been so busy that I haven't thought much about tomorrow and what affect, if any, my kids will feel. I mentioned in Grand Rounds that I was going to have my kids wear their patriotic t-shirts and they will help put the flag up. I then realized that we haven't talked about the tragedy in a long time. I will have to take some time today and figure out how I want to handle this.

Robin

Robin,

My heart goes out to you for having to explain this tragedy to your boys when it is so .....incomprehensible. Mine is too young to grasp what is going on yet, but I know that there will be other unexplainable topics in the future. If only we could shield our kids from the some of the harsher realities of life.

Good luck, Robin.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I missed this post...I know that Sept. 11th has come and gone, but I wanted to chime in. I really didn't explain anything about 9-11 to the children last year because I wasn't sure that they could understand and I didn't want to frighten them....and this year they did a lot of talking about it in school before I even could get to it.....In the second grade classroom, they even watched a little movie about it....I was grateful that they did bring this up at school because it helped making talking with them about it much easier for me...I bet that sounds pretty wimpy....but I am really grateful for how the teachers/school handled it!

Kris

Comment

I just barely talked about it with the kids after all too. They had a very nice (from what I hear) ceremony at the beginning of school with a moment of silence, singing and a brief talk by a policeman. Tyler made a patriotic hat and red/white/blue bead bracelet. The older boys talked about it a little but they didn't see any footage about it. The school decided to leave that to the parents. The kids took it in stride. I thought the school here handled it well too.

Robin

Comment

I was kind of concerned about my guys but the special ed teacher did a presentation, kind of broke it all down for them and one of them brought home an insert from the NY Times that he thought his house mates might enjoy. They made pins from red, white and blue ribbons, too.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
          X