Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

growing up...freaking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growing up...freaking out

My 4.5 YO had a playdate today - the mom took her home from school and is gonna drop her off here later. I can't deal - I keep wanting to go there and check on her (but the baby is sleeping anyway - otherwise I'd probably do it!)
    Half of me wants her to be having a great time, and the other half is just too shocked about her being independent enough to do this by herself.
    I'm staying off the phone so they can call if needed....but so far...silence...
    I should really take advantage of this time to relax, right?
    not happening.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

That so sweet that you feel like that. I don't ever feel worried/upset when the boys cross another hurdle. I am more eager to see how they progress next, rather than wanting them to stay little forever. I can't wait to see what kind of adults they will become. I wasn't sad when Devon started kindergarten. I don't know, I kinda wish I had all those feeling because it seems like the "normal" way to feel. But then again I was never good at being a kid.

Comment

I feel your pain, fluff. I took my oldest (11) to sleep-away camp for the first time on Sunday. He barely even acknowledged my good-bye.....I was prepared for no hugging, but no "Bye, Mom"? I was crushed. They allow you to email the campers and I have emailed twice, with no reply. I guess that means he is having so much fun that he can't be bothered, but it makes me a little melancholy.

Having said that, I have really been enjoying seeing my middle son as "the oldest". Not to mention that it is WAY easier with only two kids around here! But I can't wait until pick-up time on Friday night!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

That first unsupervised playdate is a big hurdle! I remember feeling that way, too. I was asking my neighbor when we were getting close to that age how you know it's going to be okay to send them to somebody elses house and all she could tell me was that you have to trust your gut instincts. So far, that seems to be working. I don't look forward to the day my kids want to do a playdate with somebody I'm not entirely sure of. I guess those playdates will be at my house...
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
        X