Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Specific pee pee question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific pee pee question

Today was the second day in a row that I have taken DD out in big girl panties. We had no accidents except for one which I am sure was on purpose-we got home 45 minutes past her bedtime from visiting DH at the hospital, she was watching a DVD in the car, and I turned it off without telling her first. She started fussing about it, and I was a little snappish with her. I took the baby inside and came out to get her, and she smiled at me and said, i pee pee in my car seat. I told her she would have to stay in the car for a few minutes, i did this very calmly, and then put her to bed in our normal routine with no more grouchiness from me.

So the bottom line is- she was overtired and upset with me, and she knew she could get my goat by peeing in her carseat.

What can I do next time this happens? It seems like the best reaction is to act like I dont care but I do! Steam was coming out of my ears for the next ten minutes! Should I put her in diapers tomorrow or keep up with the underwear? What is an appropriate reaction from me?
    Mom to three wild women.

I think I would stay with the underwear. If you are commited and have had some success then why not. Accidents are bound to happen. If you were able to ignore her pee episode in the car (at least on the exterior) she probably won't pick up that it frustrated you. I have been there! It stinks when you have bedtime, two kids and a mess to clean up.

Good luck with it!

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

I think you handled it beautifully. You're right - she was ticked and she knew it would get your goat. Let her think for a minute, and then put her to bed as though nothing happened. You did great!

Comment

I agree, you handeled the situation very well. If she had seen that she upset you then she would have been encouraged to continue the behavior. I know ignoring behaviors is hard but it's usually the best way.

Comment

Good job mom! I agree, keep up with the big girl undies. It would only take longer to get her into them again if you went back to the pullups.

Comment

I agree -- you did great! I'd keep on with the same thing you have been doing and not have much of a reaction.

If it happens again in the house and it would be easier to have her help you clean up than it would have been last night, you could tell her she needs to help in a matter-of-fact way. Or help put the laundry in the basket or something like that. I think Sally suggested that a while ago? That has worked for us.

Comment

Working...
            X