Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I can't imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine

how you people with more than one child do it. My mom and I watched my nephew and Nikolai (6 weeks apart) from Friday at noon to noon today and I'm exhausted. Done in. Weak.

Wow, I don't know how you all have ever managed to have another child.

Holy Moly.

Jenn

emotional eating

Comment

That memory block Mother Nature puts on you after toddlerhood must have something to do with it.

Comment

Waiting 7 years between children helps. Its kind of like a rocky relationship... after your apart for so long all that you can remember is the sweet, fun, happy cute stuff. Not the crying, peeing, tempertantrum, mommy pulling out her hair stuff.

Comment

Six years between kids is great here. No sibling rivalry issues and a built in helper.

I can't imagine having kids close together in age.

"Mine, mine, mine!"

"Stop touching me! Mom, he's touching me."

Pow, kick, punch, pull.

"She did it!"

All things I don't have to deal with. Ahhhhhh!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Re: I can't imagine

Originally posted by jloreine
            how you people with more than one child do it. My mom and I watched my nephew and Nikolai (6 weeks apart) from Friday at noon to noon today and I'm exhausted. Done in. Weak.
            The way I "do it" is that I'm constantly exhausted, done in, and weak.
            I don't know how we'll handle it when They outnumber Us.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

"Mine, mine, mine!"

Pow, kick, punch, pull.

"She did it!"
              Have you installed a webcam here, Heidi?

We just got our first "He's looking at me!"

"No I'm not!"

"He did it again! See?"

"I don't know *what* you are talking about. Hehehee"

*SIGH*

It's going to be a long summer.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

"Mine, mine, mine!"

Pow, kick, punch, pull.

"She did it!"
                This sounds like a soundtrack from our house (at times) without the female pronoun, of course.

Lots of emotional eating here, too, due to stress. The mental process goes like this: "Okay, I can't really relax right now, even though I need a break, but hmmmm, a cookie (or whatever, preferably sweet and eaten quickly so the kids don't see me eating a non-healthy snack) would provide *quite* the pick-me-up." Repeat numerous times throughout the day!

The way I "do it" is that I'm constantly exhausted, done in, and weak.
                Ditto. Although it switches from primarily physical exhaustion to primarily mental exhaustion as they get older, with times when you feel, at the end of the day, like you have been run over by 20 Mack trucks.

But when it is good, it is wonderful, and ohmygosh, my boys are cute!!

I don't know how we'll handle it when They outnumber Us.
                That was quite a shock for us, and a defining moment, as it turned out! It is a much different way of parenting, especially when you are by yourself.

I can't imagine life without them, though!

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                  They outnumber Us.
                  I've heard it put this way:

2 is easy - you can still go man to man. Once you hit 3 you have to switch to zone.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi
                    "Mine, mine, mine!"

Pow, kick, punch, pull.

"She did it!"
                    That pretty much sums up my day. Now my 1 year old dd is getting in on the action....then adding to the mix..... the puppy!

My latest idea is to IGNORE. If it's not broken or bleeding, I dont care. Work it out amongst yourselves. Im only "protective" of the 1 year old. She is getting there....she can almost *defend* herself...but not quite yet. Im sick of being the referee. :argue:
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                      Originally posted by fluffhead
                      They outnumber Us.
                      I've heard it put this way:

2 is easy - you can still go man to man. Once you hit 3 you have to switch to zone.
                      Once you hit 5...you just sort of admit defeat...then you don't stress about it all anymore.

I have succumbed!

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                      X